Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2019, 09:10 PM   #1

Problems from the get go Cedar Creek 38RL

Drove to Thackerville OK on the 1st of September 2018 to pick up my new RV.
Going through the PDI was upset about the way the basement doors fit. Doors where installed wrong. Basement doors had a big gap at the top and rubbed the bottom of the frame. The tech beat on the door hinges and kind of lined them up. Both basement door on the door side still where not right. Propane door had to bend around the propane bottles to latch. The big basement door was not straight in the frame.

Left Windstar RV park and drove to Sunset Tx.
About 3 or 4 days later I opened the main door for access into the RV
and the door came apart. Main door frame separated from the foam and almost fell off the hinges.
I called ----- in Thackerville and told them what happened. They tried to tell me to bring the rv back to Thackerville and they would replace the door.
I told them that I would not bring it back with the door about to fall off.
They finally agreed to send a tech out to look at the door.
Tech removed half of the hinges so the door was easier to close and said he will order a door.
While tech was looking at the door, I asked him about the big basement door
that was on door side. He looked at basement door and said he would replace that door too.
Also had him look Main A/C because it was making a lot of noise
Tech said Main A/C needed replace.
Finally, I had tech look at the shower. Shower seat sunk about 1 inch down in the corner and wife was afraid of setting on seat.
Tech said he would fix the shower when he installed the Main door and that the shower only needed to anchored to the back wall.
About 3 weeks later tech came back to my RV in sunset TX and replaced Main access door and big basement door. Anchored the shower pan to the back wall.
New door installed but screen door had a gap above door about 3/4 inch or so. So top of screen
would not seal.
When tech anchored the shower pan, I guess he had to remove the shower surround on the back wall to anchor the shower pan. The surround wall will not stay attached to back wall and is now loose also the where the shower pan and shower surround meet there is a 1” gap by the shower doors.
Big Basement door was replaced with a door that had dents on the inside foam part. Maybe door was used.
Tech also fixed the hanging lights over the island.
Main A/C was replaced. Tech also told me that the duct work was loose and he repaired it.
The tech did everything he could to try to make me happy.

July 12 2019
Moved Rv from Sunset to Alvord Tx.
Decided to go by ---------- service in Cleburne TX 11:20am and have them fix some more warranty issues.
Told them about the gap in the front basement door at the bottom. The middle of the door frame was lower than the door and would not seal to keep water out.
The shower surround was loose from the wall and the 1” gap between the surround and the shower pan.
Screen ¾ inch below top of door frame. Will not seal at top.
Dresser draw top left will not close.
Slide seals not sealing on kitchen slide. Seals will not come out when slide extended. Have to manual pull them out to seal.
Awning has a whole where the cover has rubbed.
Stayed at repair shop from 11:30am till 6pm.
They pulled my RV from the repair shop and hooked up to power.
Opened Main door and the door flew back at me. Screen was jammed in-between door frame and main door. Screen had a wrinkle in it like it had been bent and would not latch back. Looked down at the hinges and the hinge where bent out a lot. There is some paint damage on the door frame.
Tech said they would order and replace front door and screen with plastic cover.
The front basement door was repaired and looked like it was done right.
Shower surround gap was not repaired. Said they need authorization.
Dresser draw was not repaired.
Awning was not replaced. Same as above need authorization
Extended slides to look at kitchen seal and was not fixed. I showed the tech and he apologized.
They sprayed some seal lube on seal and seemed to help a little.

A week later I call Cleburne RV service center and spoke with receptionist trying to get information from someone. Receptionist tried to get ahold of someone but no one would answer. She sent me to general managers voice mail and I left message to please call me. Never Received a call.

July 25
My wife had to go back to Cleburne RV Service center to get answers. She was told that the awning and shower was approved. Door and screen were ordered too.

August 28 2019
Under Bedroom slide by Anchor bolts going thru bottom of floor there are cracks showing raw wood about 4 inches long and the front side corner of slide bottom is mushy like its getting wet.
Bottom outside trim is not sealed at corners just in the middle.

August 29 2019
My wife again called Cleburne RV service center worried about bedroom slide floor and was told person she talked to before was no longer there and that a manager would call her back today. Well guess what? No call.
1 year warranty runs out on the September 1 2019

Does anyone have any advice to get this resolved?
samgann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 06:55 PM   #2

I think I would call the factory and ask to bring it back to the factory for repairs given the history and balance of problems. It would also help for them to see the issues and they would know how best to address them.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 11:40 AM   #3

I've emailed Kelly Ware with Forest River. Let see what happens. No response yet but its a holiday.

Some Pictures of the bottom of bedroom slide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (1).jpg
Views:	213
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	213882   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (2).jpg
Views:	167
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	213883   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	213884   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (10).jpg
Views:	159
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	213885   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (5).jpg
Views:	159
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	213886  

Old 08-31-2019, 06:48 PM   #4

I think you should get on the phone come Tuesday and call Cedar Creek division, once you get somebody then follow up with all the photos and issue descriptions you can muster in an email. Email is the worst first contact method.
Old 08-31-2019, 08:06 PM   #5

So sorry to hear of your CC troubles. We hope you get a satisfactory resolve. We'll be anxious to hear how things work out for you! We're having issues with our new 2019 CC Silverback 33iK and it's been at the dealer for repairs for over a month now. Not getting much camping in this summer. Frustrating.
Member Travel Resorts of America
Retired and adventurous!
Bbfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 09:33 PM   #6

We will be on the Phone Tuesday calling Forest River.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:23 PM   #7

Try to call Denise Davis at CC. Met her at the rally in Goshen telling her all our issues we were having with our unit and she asked if we wanted to bring it back to the factory for repair. She set up to have Orvan Fry (Amish Family RV) work on our list of issues. Orvan looked at our unit at the rally and you can tell he cares very much about correcting all our issues. We scheduled to take it to him in Nov.

With as many issues as you have, I would recommend you get Orvan to work on it.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:24 PM   #8

Denise is the warranty manager at CC.

2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Old 09-01-2019, 06:24 PM   #9

We were considering a Champagne until a close inspection. Just had too many issues. So we went back to Montana months ago and happy as not a single issue yet.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:02 AM   #10

Orvan is the man!!!!!
hillsvillehokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:09 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgann View Post
We will be on the Phone Tuesday calling Forest River.
I wouldn’t call Forest River. I’d call the Cedar Creek division as others have said. They built the unit.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:44 AM   #12

Call Orvan Fry !!!! 260-593-0951, Extension 1..

Good Luck.
USN 76-82
Retired Dept of Navy: Navy/USMC Flt Test Engineer
Splashes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:58 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashes3 View Post
Call Orvan Fry !!!! 260-593-0951, Extension 1..

Good Luck.
Because his warranty will have expired by the time he gets a hold of Denise or somebody at CC to approve his warranty work he needs to talk to them first. Orvan will probably be the guy to do all the warranty work unless the factory wants to see the unit given all the issues he has.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:02 AM   #14

OK I'll call Cedar Creek Tomorrow. Anyone have a number for them?
Hoping since i sent pictures before warranty expired to Cleburne service center bedroom slide will be covered.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:15 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post
Because his warranty will have expired by the time he gets a hold of Denise or somebody at CC to approve his warranty work he needs to talk to them first. Orvan will probably be the guy to do all the warranty work unless the factory wants to see the unit given all the issues he has.

Orvan talks to Denise about every day. If she approves warranty, he can do it. CC prefers Orvan to do warranty anyway. He's just so covered up most of the time. I make annual appointment with him, 12 to 15 months in advance. He finds every little thing wrong, and fixes all of them. I would drive from anywhere just to get him to fix stuff.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:16 AM   #16

Quote:
ok i'll call cedar creek tomorrow. Anyone have a number for them?
Hoping since i sent pictures before warranty expired to cleburne service center bedroom slide will be covered.
260-593-4000

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 01:50 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Orvan talks to Denise about every day. If she approves warranty, he can do it. CC prefers Orvan to do warranty anyway. He's just so covered up most of the time. I make annual appointment with him, 12 to 15 months in advance. He finds every little thing wrong, and fixes all of them. I would drive from anywhere just to get him to fix stuff.

I'm aware, that's were my CC has been for the past 3 weeks and probably the next 2 weeks before Orvan is done with it.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:43 PM   #18

By reading this thread, every city/town needs an "Orvan".

Now that Labor Day camping is done, will be bringing my 2.5 month old Silverback to a FR dealership (CW) this week to get warranty items done. Sure hope that A) it's done right and B) it's done w/o having to haggle. Spend $60k on a rig I expect them to make me a happy camper again.

Not slamming CC here....but not impressed with the number of major issues wrong with this rig. Major as in slide misalignment that caused the Congoleum floor to tear amongst the list of items. CC has the chance to make me a happy/satisfied customer again ---- we'll see what happens.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:40 PM   #19

Quote:
OK I'll call Cedar Creek Tomorrow. Anyone have a number for them?
Hoping since i sent pictures before warranty expired to Cleburne service center bedroom slide will be covered.
Denise Davis' number is (260) 593-4006. I'm taking mine to Orvan for warranty work, the first part of Nov. and my buddy has his scheduled for May. You do want to have Orvan work on it from all the reports I have seen on this forum. There is a thread titled - http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...rv-191102.html
Good Luck

Old 09-02-2019, 07:02 PM   #20

I would LOVE to take my RV to Orvan for warranty work but I have to work too.
I wish they would send someone to pick my RV up and take it to Orvan to be repaired.
I cant really trust anyone from Cleburne service to do the work. There work is shoddy work. Like mentioned above.

Tags
cedar creek