Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2017, 11:12 AM   #1

Pullrite ISR Superlite review

Had a good days pull on Thursday from hilly ranch roads, San Antonio traffic, Interstate high speed, Austin stop/go.

I am not just pressed, but Impressed!

Quiet, very quiet

Smooth, very smooth

Surprised? Not really, but yes (I did not want to be overly optimistic) better than I expected. Its a ball and cup design, short neck goose, and virtually bulletproof. Pullrite recommends WD40 for lube!! Close tolerances keep ball from bouncing around the cup like a BB in a boxcar. No clunking, shifting, jerking, hard off camber turns are quite and smooth due to 360 degree flex in the ball and cup. Hooking up is fast and easy. Just get ball over and inside the rim of cup and drop it, your hooked up. Locking/unlocking even easier. There are no lateral forces on the locking pin therefore no binding. The locking pin rides on the upper part of the ball and contains vertical movement.

This is a simple foolproof design that has stood the test of time.

The tabernacle is supported by 2 roman arches a design used for thousands of years and one of the strongest. Internally it uses a double stacked boxed design for lateral support. The Pullrite is Strong!

I do not know enough about Anderson to do a good comparo but I believe its similar.

Weight 52 lbs (steel)

I kicked my 16k to the curb the day I saw this. IMO this is a superior solution to the plate/kingpin system in the <20,000 towed/4000 pin weight class.

Still have miles to go before I get back on the 23rd...

ISR Series SuperLite 20K | Fifth Wheel Hitches by PullRite
Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
'19 F 350 CC, LB King Ranch Ultimate
17 Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, pullrite