Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2018, 11:53 AM   #1

Quality Insurance Check List?

what does the forest river quality check off list look like? does anyone have a copy of that list that is used to confirm a trailer is ready for shipment? how often is that quality check off list used in the factory? curious as we seem to hear and see more quality issues coming off the line that are not caught. how can this forum help forest river with catching quality issues before shipping out a trailer?

believe in cedar creek product thus this post.

Gary
4garylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:43 PM   #2

Believe it or not I saw a check list in my Cedar Creek of things that were marked off. My Cedar Creek was built in 2014. Overall our Creek was in very good shape when we picked it up. I think some little things popped up three or four months after we had the camper. Well the major thing was the front cap faded at about eleven months. The back cap faded eventually and was replaced this year
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:47 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4garylee View Post
what does the forest river quality check off list look like? does anyone have a copy of that list that is used to confirm a trailer is ready for shipment? how often is that quality check off list used in the factory? curious as we seem to hear and see more quality issues coming off the line that are not caught. how can this forum help forest river with catching quality issues before shipping out a trailer?

believe in cedar creek product thus this post.

Gary
The disclaimer at the bottom of our pages says: "ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions." It appears that very few FR employees are members of this forum.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:48 PM   #4

interesting thought

so, no one on this forum has provided input to forest river in any fashion? Not being an ass but i really don't care about the disclaimer from this direction. what i care about is how can we OWNERS of forest river products communicate to forest river with better providing quality assurance.

I have read threads that has included comments about some one that is on this forum that has connections with forrest river so, it hard to accept the disclaimer to its 100%.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:54 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4garylee View Post
so, no one on this forum has provided input to forest river in any fashion? Not being an ass but i really don't care about the disclaimer from this direction. what i care about is how can we OWNERS of forest river products communicate to forest river with better providing quality assurance.

I have read threads that has included comments about some one that is on this forum that has connections with forrest river so, it hard to accept the disclaimer to its 100%.
As Mr. Dan said, we have about only 3 members here, who are FR employees that help owners of the single FR brand they represent.
The only one that's very active, is Brian Clemens, the GM of the Dynamax division.
He must be who you are thinking of.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:20 PM   #6

maybe we can get some input

maybe we can get some input from those that are close to FR and share a QA check sheet that is mentioned in the FR video "back to basics". its hard to understand how people can pick up a RV and have a list of issues that i would think would get caught during a QA review before it gets stamp ready for delivery.

Tags
check, check list, insurance, quality