Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2020, 12:51 PM   #21

My backup camera is powered on anytime there is power to the trailer. I have a 2017 Hyperlite 29HFS. I want to add a switch so I can turn off the camera when parked but I have no idea where it gets the power. No lights have to be one. During the winter I park it in a building and connect AC power to it to keep the battery charged. The backup camera is on. Any idea where I can find the source of power. I do know if I pull the fuse for the garage lights the camera in no longer on so the camera power is somewhere in that line but I have no idea where. Help
Bgotro47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 01:30 PM   #22

Maybe check the light closest to the camera??? Be nice if the manufacture would put the cameras on their own fuse...but hey, that would would only make sense.
jannjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 07:49 PM   #23

We have a 2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway 38FLX. Camera only works with running or head lights. Factory wired dealer installed camera.
Full timers since May 2019
Axeman49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 08:46 PM   #24

Our 2020 PrimeTime Tracer Breeze 22MBH came wired to the upper clearance lights. I purchased a Haloview rear camera system and it plugged right into the factory wiring.
BTimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 09:27 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTimmer View Post
Our 2020 PrimeTime Tracer Breeze 22MBH came wired to the upper clearance lights. I purchased a Haloview rear camera system and it plugged right into the factory wiring.
The OP is asking about how Cedar Creek wires the camera and posted this in the Cedar Creek sub-forum.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 09:51 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannjim View Post
So we had our 2020 Cedar Creek Silverback 31ik in for some warrantee work. One of the items is that the rear camera is on whenever the power c/o switch is on which drains the battery when we are dry camping. It is my understanding it should only be on when the running lights are on. We picked up the trailer today and the tech said "camera working as designed from the factory". It will be going back in to have other work completed next year as the dealer got bought out by Gander and will reopen next year. Thoughts on the camera and how does it work on your Cedar Creek.
My 2020 Cedar Creek works the same as yours, wired from the factory the camera is always on when the trailer is powered. My old travel trailer was wired to the running lights.
mmock12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:18 AM   #27

AC power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgotro47 View Post
My backup camera is powered on anytime there is power to the trailer. I have a 2017 Hyperlite 29HFS. I want to add a switch so I can turn off the camera when parked but I have no idea where it gets the power. No lights have to be one. During the winter I park it in a building and connect AC power to it to keep the battery charged. The backup camera is on. Any idea where I can find the source of power. I do know if I pull the fuse for the garage lights the camera in no longer on so the camera power is somewhere in that line but I have no idea where. Help
When our camper ( which is also in a building when not being used) is in storage, I don't leave it plugged into an outlet as I don't want the onboard battery charger charging my battery all the time. Ours has the cut battery cut off switch so nothing is being powered by the battery. I use a Harbor Freight battery maintainer. It senses when the battery loses a small amount of volts then recharges the battery back up to full charge then shuts off. Way cheaper than running the onboard 10 amp battery charger. I've used some of my HF battery maintainers for 15 years. They last a long time. I currently have 8 of them charging batteries in vehicles and other equipment that doesn't get used very often. I've only had 3 of them go bad in 30 years of using them.
mixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 08:29 AM   #28

MY 2021 33ik is the same way. Camera always powered. We are fulltime so no worries.
Old 12-15-2020, 02:34 PM   #29

Copy that, ours is stored inside also and I do not leave it plugged in. I have a solar panel hooked up to it with a after market controller that monitors the battery and charges it as needed. I also normally have the battery disconnect switch set to c/o power to the rv.
Old 01-15-2021, 02:24 AM   #30

My 2020 CC is wired the same, camera always on. I dry camp so I changed the power source which on mine was quite easy. I removed the rear camera and the mount. I then removed the closest clearance light. I disconnected the original power wire and then tapped the clearance light for power. I fished the the new wire over to the camera mount hole and connected the camera mount. Now my camera works with the clearance lights like the older models.

The new rv's are wired this way for use with a security system and/or a DVR.
MountainRetreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:52 PM   #31

Just got done yesterday rewiring the camera to the middle clearance light. Camera was on the same circuit as the fantastic fan and the wall light fixtures on each side of the sofa at the rear of the rv. I ran a new wire inside the cabinet above the sofa connecting the clearance light to the camera. I tried fishing a new wire inside the wall but could not get it through. Anyways, all is good now. Thanks everyone for your input.

Tags
camera