Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2016, 07:41 AM   #1

Rear ladder

Has anyone had any bad experiences with the ladder coming away from its supports. I am trying to figure if it is ok to put anything on it while traveling. Is it a warranty isue to attach something to the frame under the trailer for bikes and such.
Total Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 11:14 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Bliss View Post
Has anyone had any bad experiences with the ladder coming away from its supports. I am trying to figure if it is ok to put anything on it while traveling. Is it a warranty isue to attach something to the frame under the trailer for bikes and such.
Yes and NO how is that for answer!

Yes this is a warranty issue for the first or second year if you purchased the extended warranty. No after that it is your trailer and you can do anything you want to your trailer.

Now I have a 34RL Cedar Creek; the frame at the rear of my unit has two tubes weld on each side of the frame at the rear. These tube are for the bike carrier support, if ordered from the factory at time of build. I think you could drill some mounting holes for a bike carrier bracket on the neutral axis (center of tube) of these tubes for mounting a carrier. The bikes and bike carrier should weigh no more than 150LBS total.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:41 PM   #3

Lotsa people carry stuff like bikes and 8' step ladders lashed to the rear ladder. If you ever closely follow a fiver with say a bike strapped directly to it or even attached to a bike carrier, you'll wonder how it ever makes it to the campground that way. Lotsa movement ...
Several of my friends have had dual receivers welded to the frame beams and a carry all basket modified to attach to both receivers for stuff like generators and cargo totes.
We pull a SeaDoo squirt boat, so I welded up a hitch that spans both I Beams.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote