Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2019, 09:20 PM   #1

Reflecting on 2019

I was talking to another member today and I was just reflecting on this Cedar Creek this last year.

When I picked it up I thought it was near perfect and it probably was for everything you can see. Beautiful and I’m very proud of this Coach.

But many little things needed to be worked out not including the minor wreck I had at a campground in Key Largo.

It’s been a journey. Lots of upgrades and warranty work completed 2 different times at Orvan’s.

Really the reflection is that I love the Coach but how lucky [emoji256] did I get on this decision because of Orvan. Really I can’t imagine doing all this work at a dealer.

All the manufacturer’s need a top notch repair facility and customer satisfaction facility like Orvan. Lord willing I’ll have the use of this fine Coach for at least 15 years.

The other competitors were Montana and Cardinal. Glad I picked this one. It was a tenuous decision and ultimately made because Cedar Creek put a booth dinette in for me.

I’ve put a lot of money making the truck as outfitted as possible and the Creek as well. I have no doubt I’m ready for adventures and probably more upgrades.

I’d like the thank the folks at Cedar Creek and Orvan (massive customer driven dedication) and all you who have befriended me here on this forum including Doug and Geoff. Lots of fun with these two and others discussing trucks and our new 34IK’s.

I can say this for sure that I will not buy another fifth wheel without an Orvan, period. If I would have known all I know now (and I’m not an inexperienced RVer). Wow, I might have kept my Sunseeker. So I am experiencing some mixed emotions, while looking forward to enjoying this fine Coach.

Happy New Year folks and many wishes for safe travels the rest of this year and in 2020 start of a new decade. Peace!
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 09:43 PM   #2

Agree 100%

We are shopping for new right now

Looked at GD Solitude - off the list for several reasons

Looking at a Beacon and a Cedar Creek now

Beacon is stunning and comes from amazing bloodlines LOL but you cannot deny the attention you can get from Orvan and his facility - every brand needs their own Orvan

If and/or when we buy a CC we would definitely schedule a trip to Orvan right out of the gate for peace of mind to reaffirm our choice was one of the best out there
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 07:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
Agree 100%

We are shopping for new right now

Looked at GD Solitude - off the list for several reasons

Looking at a Beacon and a Cedar Creek now

Beacon is stunning and comes from amazing bloodlines LOL but you cannot deny the attention you can get from Orvan and his facility - every brand needs their own Orvan

If and/or when we buy a CC we would definitely schedule a trip to Orvan right out of the gate for peace of mind to reaffirm our choice was one of the best out there
You might want to add the River Stone to your list plus I hear Orvan will work on them as well.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:10 AM   #4
Stupid Lucky

Happy New Year to you Mike and glad that we were able to connect this year. Your input has been very beneficial and glad you directed me to Orvan. Picked our CC up in May and have made two trips to his facility for warranty and upgrade work. Good people!

We will be picking up our 34IK from storage in NC mid-January and look forward to jumping around Florida until weather in Ohio is warmer. We are currently in between houses in Ohio so our CC will be used heavily until we find our next home.
Sandbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
You might want to add the River Stone to your list plus I hear Orvan will work on them as well.

We have looked at RS also but prefer the CC floorplans
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 04:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
We have looked at RS also but prefer the CC floorplans
I understand that but they are starting to share some floorplans so who knows they (RS) might have the same one. Both great units just giving out options.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 09:03 PM   #7

Les and I looked about a year before finding a 2020 34IK. We love the floor plan and the colors. Lord willing, we have an appointment with Orvan’s Amish Family RV in June for a few warranty items and some upgrades. We bought it from Dick Gore’s RV in Jacksonville, Fl. which is a few hours from home. They have since sold to Campers Inn and when we took it back in for minor warranty items it was obvious the new folks didn’t know much about Cedar Creeks and after 5 weeks we picked it up. Would have liked to get it in to Orvan sooner but Cov19 has put a hold on travel right now.

We have been more than pleased overall with our new mobile retirement home. It is very stable feeling, lots of room and storage. It is an upgrade from our Flagstaff so have had to learn the in command system. Like most, this is a big investment so we want to make sure we are not missing anything that may cause an issue down the road. Thanks to this forum we found out about Orvan. So thank you to all those who have recommended them.

J Fussell
RIchmond Hill, Ga.
2020 34IK
2017 Ford 250
Travel buddies: Jackson and Maggie
jfussellrn is offline   Reply With Quote