Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2021, 09:33 PM   #1

Refrigerator moving

Just got back from a trip from Michigan to Minneapolis. Took I80 through Illinois. West of Chicago the road is so bad it feels like they have speed bumps in the middle of the highway. When we reached our first stop our residential fridge had moved quite a ways. There is a angle iron on top of the fridge holding it in place. I had to take that out to put the fridge back where it belonged. Same problem coming home. Anybody have a solution to keep the fridge in place? 2019 Cedar Creek 31ik.
Old 06-27-2021, 11:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyodie View Post
Just got back from a trip from Michigan to Minneapolis. Took I80 through Illinois. West of Chicago the road is so bad it feels like they have speed bumps in the middle of the highway. When we reached our first stop our residential fridge had moved quite a ways. There is a angle iron on top of the fridge holding it in place. I had to take that out to put the fridge back where it belonged. Same problem coming home. Anybody have a solution to keep the fridge in place? 2019 Cedar Creek 31ik.
Living here in Joliet area, I know the I80 corridor here is bad on RV's. Lots of trucks (that feed the warehouses that grow in the fields here) wrack havoc on I80 and the secondary roads all around Joliet. And we look forward to the construction that will be going on continuously for the next several years.

Sorry your fridge moved out on you while traveling through our area () in both directions. I haven't had mine move at all even before Orvan (Amish Family RV) installed a bracket to prevent it from moving out.

But I have had the corner cabinet doors above the couch fall apart twice. I suspect it was because of either the roads or some railroad crossing that caused it. The last set of doors that fell apart, only lasted about 18 miles - from dealer to storage to home. Talk about disappointing . Haven't had the problem since Orvan installed the last set. I think he may have glued and re-nailed them.

Good luck and be safe -

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 05:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBill View Post
Living here in Joliet area, I know the I80 corridor here is bad on RV's. Lots of trucks (that feed the warehouses that grow in the fields here) wrack havoc on I80 and the secondary roads all around Joliet. And we look forward to the construction that will be going on continuously for the next several years.

Sorry your fridge moved out on you while traveling through our area () in both directions. I haven't had mine move at all even before Orvan (Amish Family RV) installed a bracket to prevent it from moving out.

But I have had the corner cabinet doors above the couch fall apart twice. I suspect it was because of either the roads or some railroad crossing that caused it. The last set of doors that fell apart, only lasted about 18 miles - from dealer to storage to home. Talk about disappointing . Haven't had the problem since Orvan installed the last set. I think he may have glued and re-nailed them.

Good luck and be safe -
I had Orvan go through mine and I'm not sure if he put the angle bracket in ours or if that was factory but it didn't prevent it from moving.
Old 07-02-2021, 11:35 AM   #4

I took out the leveling pads and put 1/4 inch lag screws into the floor. That was three years ago, hasn't moved yet.
roddiemacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 03:18 PM   #5

My unit has the angle brackets on top also along with a block of wood blocking the wheels on the fridge. This runs across the entire bottom and is screwed into the floor. Here is a side pic of the wood locking the fridge in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LH slide trim by oven.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	269.5 KB
ID:	258306  

Tags
refrigerator