Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2018, 03:44 PM   #1

Removing tv from wall of CC 33IK

I need to get behind my main tv to fix some of the cabling but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to release it from the wall so 8 can temporarily remove it. Any help out there? Please?
Jmats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:09 PM   #2

Not sure is yours is mounted like mine, but I couldn't figure how to get my bedroom TV off until a tech told me to grip it on both ends and push up. If yours is a large one then two people would probably be better. After it was off it was easy to see how it worked.
2017 Ford F350 SRW CC SWB 4x2
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k Hitch
sh1pper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:33 PM   #3

We have a 33RL and yes it lifts straight up to release. Feels wrong at the time but you'll see how it works after
Doug Currie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:39 PM   #4

Thanks for the responses. The tv in my bedroom pulls straight up as stated. However, the one in my living room did not work like that. I finally figured out the release mechanism. There are two buttons that push up from the bottom that release the lock and the tv pulls out from the bottom and then drops down. To remount it, line it up and there is a slot that the top piece slides up into from the bottom of the top piece and once in, the bottom locks into the two buttons. It only took me about 3 hours to figure this out. Again thanks for the input. Maybe my experience can help some one else.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:20 PM   #5

All wall mounts MUST have a locking mechanism of some sort. There is usually two. They will be one on each side or two at the bottom. They usually will be pull cords, long screws. levers. Use a mirror or your phone to have a look see. they hang at the top. Once released you pull up and out. RV's are no different than your house. I'm sure somebody's gonna jump in and "but mine works like this". So I must add, This is how most of the ones I have installed as an electrician. There may be different types. I have heard of velcro mounts but never installed one.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:34 PM   #6
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmats View Post
I need to get behind my main tv to fix some of the cabling but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to release it from the wall so 8 can temporarily remove it. Any help out there? Please?
If it seems immoveable it is probably because there will be two bolts locking it into place, so that it doesn't bounce off the brackets. Locate those and loosen them ( a lot) you should be good to go.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:12 PM   #7

Look under and behind for some form of release. pull strap, bolt, long screw, a lever of some sort. Also look for one on each side. After you release lift up and pull away.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:31 PM   #8
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Look under and behind for some form of release. pull strap, bolt, long screw, a lever of some sort. Also look for one on each side. After you release lift up and pull away.
If there are screws/bolts, they will be a pain to get at. Mine is accessed from under the bottom edge of the TV and I use a small ratchet handle with a short extension and a Philips head screw driver bit in a socket. It's tedious work but at least when it is bolted up, the TV doesn't move.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:10 AM   #9

cavie ... I'm going to support your disclaimer by showing my living room TV mount that has no levers, cords, or buttons. TV has 4 stepped nylon fasteners that sit in the keyhole slots and lock once you push the TV down. Reverse to get it out ... like Doug and Sh1pper said in their replies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00142_zps31jiqtuh.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	165789  
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:45 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
All wall mounts MUST have a locking mechanism of some sort. There is usually two. They will be one on each side or two at the bottom. They usually will be pull cords, long screws. levers. Use a mirror or your phone to have a look see. they hang at the top. Once released you pull up and out. RV's are no different than your house. I'm sure somebody's gonna jump in and "but mine works like this". So I must add, This is how most of the ones I have installed as an electrician. There may be different types. I have heard of velcro mounts but never installed one.
cavie
One popular RV tv mount system are the v-mounts, like those from PAW International.
They have no locking mechanism.
Rockwood, Flagstaff and PrimeTime are some of the brands that come with them.

https://www.amazon.com/PAW-Internati.../dp/B01GTYXEDU
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:00 AM   #11

I have a CC34RL2 but am confident that we have the same type of TV mounts.

There IS a locking mechanism on these that is released by pressing in on 2 buttons on the bottom of the mount (as I recall) and then lifting the TV from the bracket. Sorry I can't get a photo as my trailer is in storage right now, but look with a mirror at the bottom of the bracket and try to find the locking button(s) I mention.
TandSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:29 AM   #12

Hi,

The Jenson TVs in my '14 Silverback are removed by flipping an L shaped bracket at the top, and sliding the TV up out of a slotted fixture on the back.

FWIW.

Rich Phillips
richp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:37 AM   #13

I was helping another gentleman who owns a 2016 34RL Cedar Creek in his quest to remove the TV from the wall mount. I had done this when I purchased my 2016 34RL Cedar creek in order to replace the fixed TV mount to a swing out version for easier viewing of the TV when sitting in the rear recliners.
I provide him with two photos of the TV mounting plate with the release mechanism in the photos. The first photo shows the plate with the top of the bracket up and the release mechanism at the bottom. The second photo is the bent channel and the two buttons that need to be pushed up to release the bracket from the wall mount.
Hope these help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV Bracket .jpg
Views:	119
Size:	329.8 KB
ID:	165806   Click image for larger version

Name:	TV Bracket 1.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	345.8 KB
ID:	165807  
Old 03-22-2018, 07:53 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandSH View Post
I have a CC34RL2 but am confident that we have the same type of TV mounts.

There IS a locking mechanism on these that is released by pressing in on 2 buttons on the bottom of the mount (as I recall) and then lifting the TV from the bracket. Sorry I can't get a photo as my trailer is in storage right now, but look with a mirror at the bottom of the bracket and try to find the locking button(s) I mention.
X2 on two buttons on the main TV in living area.
mbbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbbutler View Post
X2 on two buttons on the main TV in living area.
X3.
It’s hard to do but with a long screw driver coming in from the right side of the TV and pushing up on the spring loaded two buttons the bottom will come out. I need another person to hold and pull out the bottom of tv when released.

2016 GMC Denali HD Duramax
2018 Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK
Dlockwood26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:06 AM   #16

Not sure what year CC you have but we have a 18 33IK and I mine is mounted on a telescoping mount. I grabbed tv on both sides and wiggled, and it pulled out.
For travel there is a male/female plug on the mount. The mount allows the tv to be pulled out from the wall by about 8-10 in and can be swiveled left or right. Hope this helps.
Twincamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:26 AM   #17

Thanks for all the input. Mine does have the two buttons. Took me awhile to figure this out. Once the two buttons were pushed, my wife and I lowered the tv to remove it from the wall. It really was pretty easy once I figured out how to release it from the bracket. After I did what I needed to do, we reversed the process and slipped it back into the locking position. Again, thanks for all the advice. One of the posts showed me how to remove my bedroom tv from the wall bracket if needed. I always get lots of good info on the forum. Thanks!
Old 04-01-2018, 12:20 AM   #18

Quote:
There are two buttons that push up from the bottom that release the lock and the tv pulls out from the bottom and then drops down. To remount it, line it up and there is a slot that the top piece slides up into from the bottom of the top piece and once in, the bottom locks into the two buttons.
This is like mine. My problem came when I found the brackets were bent and the buttons were tight and the upper bracket did not allow much movement. My bedroom TV has been modified at my wife's request for tilt and swing. We secure it with bungee cord when traveling.
Grumpy7159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 07:48 AM   #19

Quote:
Yes we had some contraption like that, but pulled it off and replaced it when we replaced the TV with a 55" unit.

From the factory: Booster switch was bad, took several months to sort out and it was only ONE of he broken links in the chain at day 1. The antenna connection was also broken due to being 2 short the result was pictures so bad that it was like looking thru a dirty screen door, when every one was getting 99 channels on cable we got 15, when they were getting 20 on antenna we got 7 and none were good. New booster and new antenna fixed all.
Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
'19 F 350 CC, LB King Ranch Ultimate
17 Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 04:40 AM   #20

Quote:
Thanks for the responses. The tv in my bedroom pulls straight up as stated. However, the one in my living room did not work like that. I finally figured out the release mechanism. There are two buttons that push up from the bottom that release the lock and the tv pulls out from the bottom and then drops down. To remount it, line it up and there is a slot that the top piece slides up into from the bottom of the top piece and once in, the bottom locks into the two buttons. It only took me about 3 hours to figure this out. Again thanks for the input. Maybe my experience can help some one else.
Silver button on left side of mount.
Push button pull tv from left side only.
mbbutler is offline   Reply With Quote