Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2011, 08:40 AM   #1

replacing skirt behind right tire

I am hoping someone can help me. I had a tire blow and it of course did damge to the skirt of our camper. we've look at it and it seems pretty easy to replace by ourselves. Im just not where to go to buy the replacement part. Anyone have any ideas?

Thansk
nifferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
H2oski

I would call the manufacture of your camper. I don't think you will find one of those off the shelf.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Most dealers may be able to order it for you, if you are talking about the fender trim. The plastic piece at the bottom of the wheel openings. And easy to replace, the holes in the new ones have dimples for the screws, just drill them out first so as not to crack it. To remove, start on each end and work to middle screw. Finally on the last screw, hang on to it, and remove. To replace, start in the middles, but don't the screws all the way until they are all started. And just tighten them snug, again, don't want to crack it. Good luck.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:23 PM   #4

Call the factory that made the RV, as was said. Give them your model and year, you may need your serial number, also. They will most likely send it to you free of charge.
We've had to replace two of them, and both sent "no charge".
I would not advise going to a dealer, as was said, they will probably charge you (have to pay for their time and make a profit).

Hope this helps
God bless,
Mike
2007 - Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins
May God bless
WA8MRU
mike1poles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #5

After I had sent my other reply, I notice you posted your question on the Cedar Creek forum. If your unit is a Cedar Creek, here is the person to contact:

Kevin Caudill at kcaudill@forestriverinc.com or, call him at 260-593-2425, this is his personal number.

The next couple of weeks it will be hard to get anyone, as they usually shutdown for Christmas, until after the first of the year.

Our 5th wheel is a Cedar Creek 36RD5S, the factory folks and service are GREAT!!!!!!!

God bless,
Mike
2007 - Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins
May God bless
WA8MRU
mike1poles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #6

Check your insurance. It should cover the damage to the trailer. Also, if the tire that blew was the Chinese made Ironman, contact the importer for an adjustment on the tire. I blew all four of mine, then threw away the spare before it could blow also.