Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2019, 05:10 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack350 View Post
I did the install. The manufacturer did have the Lippert unit installed when I picked it up but I wanted the Moride part. Install did take the better part of a day. I had a friend helping. Make sure you install the wet bolts while you have it apart.
Cool, thanks for the info.

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:09 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsykora View Post
Good question, and surprisingly, I'm not sure what suspension is under there right now. I'll have to look the next time I swing by the storage lot.
I thought they (EZ-Flex) were standard but I looked back at my sticker and they were part of a Silverback Explorer Package that was installed as an option.
RadMini Stepthru eBikes

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 03:23 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telstar View Post
We have a 2005 Cardinal 5th wheel with Center Point suspension and Trail air pin box. Have never found anything broken. An open drawer at times.

X2 on TrailAir pin box. Heck, nothing moves.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:37 PM   #24

Another option to consider would be the Liberty Rider Slipper Spring Suspension Improvement and Comfort Ride Trailer Shock System from Tweety's.com. This gives you independent axle operation and improves braking by eliminating axle wrap caused by heavy braking and eliminating the equalizer between the axles. It also gets rid of the shackle straps, so you dont have squeaks or wear issues. The pic shows my mod adding an additional shock to each wheel, the kit only comes with one per. $2k total investment.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190303_084808.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	211311

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 01:00 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokomo View Post
Hello, this is my first post. We have a 2018 Cedar Creek Champaign that rides rough. We have broken several glasses and always have to be careful when first opening the refrigerator once we arrive at our destination. I am considering purchasing a Lippert Center Point tandem axle equalizer. Does anyone have this system and if so does it work as promised and will it smooth out our ride?
We have the same model that you do and have never had a better riding 5th wheel. Do you have the 38EL with EZ suspension, nitro filled tires, Trailair hitch pin? We pull with a single rear wheel truck that probably rides better than a dually. In two years and 18K miles nothing has broken nor noticeably moved. We did use ceiling carpet in all our cabinets. Sorry for your troubles, but there is nothing I would add to improve my ride.
2017 Ford F350 SRW CC SWB 4x2
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k Hitch
Shipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 06:01 AM   #26
"On the road again"

Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
Our 2017 Cardinal is 41' long and just a tad over 16,000 pounds loaded. We pull with a Ford F350 dually and really have never had anything broken...with the exception of a clock we had hanging on a wall and forgot to remove one trip. We knew it wasn't secure and normal protocol was to take it from above the door and position it on the bed for travel. We simply forgot and paid the price.

We do have the Moryde independent suspension along with the Moryde hitch and love it.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Cardinal 3456RLX - '17 Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate - DRW w/B&W OEM Companion hitch
Nights Camping 2012 - 2020: 966 ~ Nights Camping 2021: 4
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:43 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokomo View Post
Hello, this is my first post. We have a 2018 Cedar Creek Champaign that rides rough. We have broken several glasses and always have to be careful when first opening the refrigerator once we arrive at our destination. I am considering purchasing a Lippert Center Point tandem axle equalizer. Does anyone have this system and if so does it work as promised and will it smooth out our ride?
Well we have a 2018 cedar creek and it has all the good equipment on the axles. .Rides pretty good. Do need to tie things down.. It is an earthquake in motion....Just the way it is.. Just secure stuff when you can.....
RG Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 07:32 PM   #28

TrailAir pin and TrailAir equalizer

I recently installer the TrailAir Equalizer, along with 1*“longer shackle plates, along with the air-spring in the TrailAir pin box we are quite satisfied with the trailer’s steady handling as it travels.
Our older DRV MobileSuites is heavy, and it seems that the extra travel afforded by the new rubber damped Equalizer , and 1” longer 1/2” thick shackle plates works very well.
I think that if your sprung axle has limited travel like maybe 2 1/2” , you may benefit from the additional travel as well as using an an air-spring pin-box .
You may get a softer ride by doing what I did.
PSD_Tweaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:12 PM   #29

Quote:
We've got a 2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 5th wheel and I feel your pain. Seems every time we go out, something breaks. We've replaced all the little plastic curtain hanger thingies (some of them twice already). We now just let the curtains hang with no plastic clips. Last trip, our tv fell off the wall and broke. Several folks on this forum have suggested Mooryde independent suspension for the trailer, but at $6000+, it's kind of out of our range right now. I'm going to replace the standard pin box on the trailer with a Trailair pin box and hope that helps some. Interested in what others have to say about this suspension system as it looks kind of interesting.

Good luck with your trailer.

We have the exact same year and model and haul it 1300 miles from Iowa to Texas and back once a year and have had no problems with anything moving.

I do have the Trailair I have to pump up but I see no real reason that that might help. I also don't know what suspension I have but would guess they're all the same.
ER17453361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 06:45 AM   #30

Quote:
We've got a 2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 5th wheel and I feel your pain. Seems every time we go out, something breaks. We've replaced all the little plastic curtain hanger thingies (some of them twice already). We now just let the curtains hang with no plastic clips. Last trip, our tv fell off the wall and broke. Several folks on this forum have suggested Mooryde independent suspension for the trailer, but at $6000+, it's kind of out of our range right now. I'm going to replace the standard pin box on the trailer with a Trailair pin box and hope that helps some. Interested in what others have to say about this suspension system as it looks kind of interesting.

Good luck with your trailer.
Did the TrailAir pin box fix your ride issues?
Cliffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 06:53 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack350 View Post
Getting my new Sailun tires installed today and thought I would take a picture of the suspension I refered to a couple of posts ago. The kit also comes with a cross brace for between the spring hangers.
Attachment 211141
Does it raise the Morryde raise the height of the coach?
Cliffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 07:47 AM   #32

I never had a problem before but it has to help. Also you can raise and lower the hitch to where ever you want. I keep mine 6-8 inches above the P/U rail so the RV doesn't hit the rail on uneven ground. You can't expect to pull a trailer right off the bat. They drive and feel totally different. After a couple 100,000 miles you'll be comfortable. Stay alert, keep your guard up and never try to get every last mile out of your tires.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:28 AM   #33

When we traded our 5er this year, we added a TrailAir pin box as part of the package. Amazing difference to us for ride quality on both the TV and the 5er.

We do run the air in the TrailAir a little lower than the mark/arrow to make the ride a little more cushy. Man....what a difference. Should have done that YEARS ago!
Old 10-24-2019, 09:07 AM   #34

You might get a little more chucking with it that way. Enjoy.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:06 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ER17453361 View Post
You might get a little more chucking with it that way. Enjoy.
So far nothing that I can/do notice. And again, I'm just slightly below the line/arrow (not like it's 1/2 way inflated or something). Coupled with the air shocks, rides amazingly nice for a 1 ton DRW and all the stuff in the camper remains decently in their place.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:58 PM   #36

Normally things ride very well in and RV if you drive decent. They do very well with railroad tracks because of the design of the wheels. My P/U is a 3/4 ton HD stock and I see no reason for air shocks and I don't have a dually. The only people that say they need them is the ones that own one, although they would give you more stability. I'm pulling a 40 foot Cedar Creek with a 2500 Chevy diesel. Gross weight is somewhere around 25,000 pounds. I've pulled all kinds of trailers including trucks in 47 states and 7 provinces since 1963.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:02 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffman View Post
Does it raise the Morryde raise the height of the coach?
It appears to be 3/4 to 1 inch higher.
Jack350 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 09:35 PM   #38

We have about 16,000 miles on our 2018 Cedar Creek Champagne 38EL towing with a 2017 Ford F350 Dually and have no issues. We strap the TV in as designed, put some of our glasses in foam cus-cus (spelling?) and velcro the cabinet doors shut. I always take it easy on the turns and slow down if I anticipate RR tracks or bumps. We do have a Trail Air but nothing else special. Good luck hope you figure it out.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:16 PM   #39

I've only replaced my oem pin box with a Moryde pin box with the Rubber bumper inside it. Makes the most difference when starting and stopping since it absorbs most of the shock. I did put Provider "G" rated 14 ply tires on it which increased my mileage slightly. Have had very few breakage problems in the interior except once when I left our printer sitting in one of the recliners in the very rear and it bounced out of the chair. I have one drawer that is usually open when we stop...one of those things that I think I'll fix one day.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 08:12 AM   #40

With the exception of balancing the 5er tires and having the Lippert frame reinforcements done on my 2020 34IK I've had no problems with the suspension as is. I do have an energy absorbing hitch which does make a big difference but haven't seen the need to modify or change the suspension.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek