Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2018, 05:09 PM   #21

Hi fobagbob,

I'm 100 percent certain this is not a water-based smell. We had that at one time -- that is, the sulphur smell -- so I would recognize it again.

As soon as I dump, the smell permeates the entire living space. On initial sniff it always hits us as a black tank smell, but I accept the proposition the it could be funky gray. To that end, I have been doing the GEO treatment in all three tanks, and adding a commercial anti-odor product as well (cant recall the brand at the moment).

But thanks for helping me think this through.

Rich Phillips
richp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:31 AM   #22

I should have mentioned that all the under sink valves are brand new. In addition, i add chemcial to each tank after they are emptied and flush. I just finished washing dishes and I have the odor again. I actually open the cabinet under the sink and could not smell any odor. It does appear to becoming from the ac vents. Ill keep trying to find out whats going on. I think it may be the heat here. consistently over 105
lesterw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:34 PM   #23
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Also try cleaning out the p-traps under the sinks...

They are notorious for build up and stink!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:43 PM   #24

Are you absolutely sure your roof vents are open. Have you run water down the vents, just to make sure they are clear?
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:45 AM   #25

Hot water heater

We came back from to our cottage after it sat for five months and turned on the hot water in the kitchen and it smelled like rotten eggs. I thought it was coming from the kitchen holding tank. Nope. It was coming from the hot water heater. The cause is bacteria interacting with the metals in the anode creating the token smell. I drained and refilled hot water heater and it went away. I found the solution be searching on line.
Subcrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:38 PM   #26

We had the same issue when we turned the hot water faucet on. Didnít have the problem with cold water. We turned off the water supply and dumped out the water and put about 2 cups of hydrogen peroxide in it then hooked up the water supply and turned it back on to get into the hot water heater and let it set for about a couple of hours. Now no smell, yea!
jandd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sink