Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2021, 08:04 AM   #1

Shop manuals for sale?

I have a 2016 FR Cedar Creek Champagne el 38. This was a used unit and I need a shop manual. Can I get one of these? I’m having some issues.
Mitchyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:48 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. You might have better luck finding a unicorn. I have not ever come across anything like a shop manual for these rigs.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:59 AM   #3

Thank you Mr. SeaDog! I thought I would at least ask you never know right?

Thank you for the reply!
Old 02-11-2021, 10:01 AM   #4

When it comes to fixing anything, whether household, trailer, automotive, I find I can often find help on YouTube, or on item-specific forums and web sites. I've repaired everything from washing machines to rebuilding the transmission on a 1997 GMC 2500 using internet resources. Most recently, I have been researching replacing the master batth toilet in our 2011 CC Silverback 25K. I easily found videos on replacing the Dometic 310 toilet on YouTube.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 2500 TRX4 Cummins
Seasonal at Saskatchewan Landing Provincial Park
camaro80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 10:22 AM   #5

Per SeaDogs comment, I don't have any hope of ever seeing the mythical RV shop manual. Individual appliance manuals do exist but the models change so quickly that YouTube is probably your best bet when it comes to diagnosing issues.

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 10:24 AM   #6
Site Team

Most of the items in an RV are OEM items that are integrated by FR. The best solution to your request is to locate and record the make, model ans serial # of all the OEM items in/on your RV. Then go the manufacturers website and down load the owners manual for the item. Not only will they come in handy for operation, but they are invaluable if and when you need parts.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 03:37 PM   #7

Many Appliance/Component Manuals are Free On-line

The only thing I recall being needed from my 5er manual was how to use the tanks. Plenty of on-line info to help you on that.

Otherwise, it's all in the appliance/component/accessory manuals. Quite a few of those are available on-line free if you figure out how to look them up. It's good to have images of your product information plates/stickers handy. The images are very helpful assistance to finding the on-line PDF manuals. They are handy if stored on a device in PDF form, but a little easier to use in some ways if you print them.
Old 02-11-2021, 03:48 PM   #8

When I have issues with my trailer I usually just ask for help on this forum. These guys know everything and usually answer right away.
Johnnydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:23 PM   #9

manuals

Goodluck on manuals. Ihave been trying to get diagrams or schematics on my 2019 prime time crusader since i bought it in 2019 no luck. Called prime time--branch of forest river they
both tell me they do not putout this information. But guess
what you can go to other mfg. And get any information. So
it is made by rorest river forget getting ant information
pretaining to diagrames or schematics. Just hope someone in the forum has gotten the info. The hard way.

Good luck and happy camping
grease monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 10:59 PM   #10

If you go to the top of this page, on the first light green line, and find the word Library, click on that. It will take you to a page with different subsystems. Click on the subsystem and it will display many manuals for the different subsystems.
Hope this helps.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:59 AM   #11

Having a problem with a small drip in a water line or something coming from above the holding tanks. If I could get an idea of how the plumbing runs and the layout of the tanks and valves I could plan my attack on the leak.
Old 02-12-2021, 12:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by grease monkey View Post
So
it is made by rorest river forget getting ant information
pretaining to diagrames or schematics. Just hope someone in the forum has gotten the info. The hard way.

Good luck and happy camping

Actually, you may be able to get diagrams and schematics. I called Coachmen, and they sent me a full package over email. Apparently had it all assembled and ready to go. Must depend on the specific line. Give it a try.
Old 02-12-2021, 01:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchyo View Post
Having a problem with a small drip in a water line or something coming from above the holding tanks. If I could get an idea of how the plumbing runs and the layout of the tanks and valves I could plan my attack on the leak.
I see why a layout would be helpful, but I have not seen anything like that from Cedar Creek.
I had a leak on my Silverback near the galley gray tank. I thought the tank might be cracked. I took the rv to Orvan at Amish Family RV in Indiana, you will find many references to them on this site. They removed one of the plastic liners under the rv and found a rubber coupling that connected the tank to the drain piping had come loose. A simple repair. The only way to find was to remove the plastic liner. You may not be able to get to Indiana, but if you are a person that does your own repairs, it is not too hard to remove the liner. I have removed some myself to repair some damaged wires. Good Luck
Old 02-12-2021, 07:00 PM   #14

Tried the library--nothing listed. No diagrams for wiring--no info about what fuses control what circuits. No info on how the water lines are layed out or how the drain lines are lay out. Have all the manuals on
refrig-tv-stove-microwave-oven-fireplace-- radio-
grease monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 01:40 PM   #15

Shortly after we got our 2014 CC 29RE I set out to draw up a set of plans for the electrical system and completed it....We now have a CC 33iK and will do the same this summer on a rainy day--if we have one HA!!
Someday I will meet someone with a 29RE and will give it to them....J
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:53 AM   #16

So since I have this water leak that looks like it is coming from above the tanks, is there a way to come in from above? Maybe take out the partition wall in the basement? It’s warming up here and I would like to address this.

Tags
for sale, manual, manuals