Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2020, 10:55 AM   #1

Shopping for new RV

So we lost our RV in the hurricane. Time to shop for another one. Looking online we like the Cedar Creek Champagne 38ERD or 38EFK. Or the Hathaway 38DBRK. We HAD A Montana 37FL. I am investigating why I should switch to the Cedar Creek. We have a great forum on for Montana owners and I am hoping that is the case for Forest River also. I realize this is not the Cedar Creek page but I canít find a lot of current feedback on the products quality. I can see the CC offers a lot of features we like, but we are more interested in the quality of the product off the assembly line. TIA
Bogie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 04:44 PM   #2

Had some minor warranty issues with our 2020 36ck2 that was all covered by cedar creek. Love our rig and many friendly and knowledgeable people on this forum.
wayne272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 01:20 AM   #3

We just got our new Cedar Creek Hathaway a couple of months ago and have made one trip in it. We have found a couple of small issues but nothing major. Our main decision to go with the Cedar Creek was because of the construction methods used. Cedar Creek has done away with the Hathaway and Silverback lines and came out with a new line just called Cedar Creek. So you will only find those already sitting on the lots.
the.wilsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 05:13 AM   #4

Cedar Creek is a good built unit, you might also want to look at the River Stone Reserve or even the whole River Stone line. Both brands are built with the same construction and both backed well by either factory. If you let us know where you live someone might be able to offer some dealer suggestions as well, but a lot folks will travel to a discount dealer for MUCH better pricing on either of these. Good luck on your search and this forum is one of the best to receive info and help on.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:54 AM   #5

By seeing you lost your rv to hurricane tells me your in my neck of the woods. Sorry for your lose. We have Hathaway 38DBRK, now the 388RK and love the floor plan. The layout doesn't make you feel like your in an rv. With the large master bathroom with walk in closet and the large kitchen, you feel like your in a home. A word of caution. If you get one that has the sofa instead of the desk, you can only open one of the sofas at a time to a bed. That's the drawback but the plus is they make into a longer bed with real mattress. As others have said, we have had minor issues. Don't know how close you are to Berryland but I think I saw that they had a 38DBRK.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:04 AM   #6

I just attended the Forest Rivers F.R.O.G. virtual rally, last week. The rally held a virtual tour of some of the new models that will be introduce this year. One thing I notice is the Hathaway and Silverback models, are all dealer stock now. The Champagne and just a Cedar Creek plus the Cottage models seem to be the only ones you can order as new from the factory.

Another new model that seems interesting is the Columbus River Ranch that you may want to check out.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:18 PM   #7
Global Nomad

Cedar Creek

I have a 2016 Cedar Creek Hathaway 36 CKTS (center kitchen three slides) which I have been living in full time and traveling the Country for the last 5 years. I highly recommend Cedar Creek.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 03:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie10 View Post
So we lost our RV in the hurricane. Time to shop for another one. Looking online we like the Cedar Creek Champagne 38ERD or 38EFK. Or the Hathaway 38DBRK. We HAD A Montana 37FL. I am investigating why I should switch to the Cedar Creek. We have a great forum on for Montana owners and I am hoping that is the case for Forest River also. I realize this is not the Cedar Creek page but I canít find a lot of current feedback on the products quality. I can see the CC offers a lot of features we like, but we are more interested in the quality of the product off the assembly line. TIA

Stay with Keystone.
campers302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:30 PM   #9
BMullins46

Camper302 must be a Keystone owner. From what i've seen here and on other publications Keystone has been very hard to deal with concerning warranty work.
BMullins46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:56 PM   #10
New to FR. Old to TT

We have a 2019 36ck2 and love it, as others have said minor issues but with over 18,000 miles in 2.5 years still looks and performs great. I also bought the Cedar Creek because of the way it's built with a real aluminum stud system and glued on skins. Their gelcoat has a real good shine and easy to care for.
Tall frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:02 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMullins46 View Post
Camper302 must be a Keystone owner. From what i've seen here and on other publications Keystone has been very hard to deal with concerning warranty work.
Their profile says they own a Coachmen product.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:27 PM   #12
MCTroy

Quote:
Not to high Jack this thread,but we camped beside a former Keystone owner. He said you could hear the camper falling apart while it was sitting in his driveway!
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:34 PM   #13

Over 4 years full time in cedar creek silverback 35ik with only a couple minor fixes.Absolutely would highly recommend.
httntheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:00 AM   #14

Quote:

No Sir I am not.

Coachmen by FR and that's all I have to say about that.
campers302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 12:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimla View Post
By seeing you lost your rv to hurricane tells me your in my neck of the woods. Sorry for your lose. We have Hathaway 38DBRK, now the 388RK and love the floor plan. The layout doesn't make you feel like your in an rv. With the large master bathroom with walk in closet and the large kitchen, you feel like your in a home. A word of caution. If you get one that has the sofa instead of the desk, you can only open one of the sofas at a time to a bed. That's the drawback but the plus is they make into a longer bed with real mattress. As others have said, we have had minor issues. Don't know how close you are to Berryland but I think I saw that they had a 38DBRK.
Thanks you , we are on our way to Barryland right now. Fingers crossed we find what we like.
Old 10-06-2020, 12:56 PM   #16

We are in Gulf Shores Al. On our way to shop at Barryland in LA. I did look at the Riverstone after you mentioned it. Very nice. I don’t see a dealer “around “ here to see in person. By around, I mean within 300 miles. If you have a suggestion that would be great.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:34 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by campers302 View Post
No Sir I am not.

Coachmen by FR and that's all I have to say about that.
But this thread is about Cedar Creek trailers, not Coachmen. And it's in the Cedar Creek sub-forum.
From what I've seen, Cedar Creek owners seem to have very high satisfaction levels.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 03:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie10 View Post
We are in Gulf Shores Al. On our way to shop at Barryland in LA. I did look at the Riverstone after you mentioned it. Very nice. I don’t see a dealer “around “ here to see in person. By around, I mean within 300 miles. If you have a suggestion that would be great.
Looks like they are a River Stone dealer as well as a Cedar Creek dealer
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote