Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2018, 02:44 PM   #1

Shower Doors

I have the triple pane glass shower door in my 2017 33ik. I would like to remove the glass for cleaning and to apply some rainX. There has to be trick to this?? Help!
crrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:34 PM   #2
Always Learning

Iíve yet to read of a way to remove them. The most you can do is slide the 2 of the doors opposite and force your hand between them.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:51 PM   #3

Shower Doors

If you do find the trick, please share. (I gave up and do what ependydad suggested)
Old 01-24-2018, 07:21 PM   #4

Had the outside glass brake I am wondering myself on how to get new one in! The top track will not come out got new door coming on Friday! Will look at new out of the track maybe that will tell me something! Will let you know how it works!
GFAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:00 PM   #5

There must be a way, there was another post where the glass was taken out, cleaned, then sprayed with the frosted glass coating.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 03:24 PM   #6

Our solution (temporary) is the use of a tension rod with a plastic shower curtain inside the glass.
Kuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:29 PM   #7

Got new shower door or should I say doors ( all 3 ) they are made as a set! Talk to tech at rv dealer there is no easy way to clean or put in new glass without taking top rail off and taking apart still 2 glasses on same track! He said it was faster and easy to replace all glasses instead of 1 it was no easy way to replace 1 glass! Thank goodness I have new so just take toprail off and put in new glass with the existing hardware that is already attached!
GFAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:43 PM   #8

There are a couple of small screws that hold the top rail to the side pieces. It's best if you have help. Lift up the top rail and the glass doors will come with it. I took mine into the bedroom, leaned them up against the wall and then slid the top rail off of the glass. We bought some stuff like window tint except it is green and has plant like designs on it. Now, the glass doors look great and we don't have to try to clean between the panes.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:57 AM   #9

We have decided to allow ours to patina. I can say it's actually working pretty well.
Old 01-28-2018, 11:13 PM   #10

I got sick of wrestling with the glass to clean it. After the last cleaning, I installed a shower rod up above the top rail and now we pull a shower curtain in front of the glass.
Not very elegant, but I have not cleaned the glass in the last 3 months and it looks just fine....
Thor Vegas 25.5
Randyís Rod Shop & Fabrication
Big-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:36 AM   #11

We use a squeegee after every shower. Glass still looks new........
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:43 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
If you’re talking about the same triple-glazed shower doors we are, I’d really like to know how you squeegee the part of the glass that overlaps?

Really poor engineering to have installed the doors literally backwards from how they should be as it traps water and soap between the panels..
Thor Vegas 25.5
Randyís Rod Shop & Fabrication
Old 01-29-2018, 12:49 AM   #13

The RV before this one had those aggravating doors. And yes, you can find a squeegee with a long thin blade with the handle in the center that you can get between the panels.
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:14 AM   #14
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Foot View Post
I got sick of wrestling with the glass to clean it. After the last cleaning, I installed a shower rod up above the top rail and now we pull a shower curtain in front of the glass.
Not very elegant, but I have not cleaned the glass in the last 3 months and it looks just fine....
If you're doing that, yank out the doors entirely and save yourself about 80 lbs. of weight.

As for us, we use a squeegee and shift the doors as we do each one. It doesn't get under but it gets close enough that it hasn't been an issue. And then periodically, my wife cleans the shower. Stays looking decent as she refused to switch to a shower curtain (even though we need that 80 lbs!).
Old 01-29-2018, 10:35 AM   #15

My wife cleans the doors a couple of times each camping season. We do squeegee the inside shower doors every time we shower, all three of the glass panes. My wife will clean the doors using "INVISBLE GLASS CLEANER" from Stoner. She did steal this from me out of the garage parts cabinet where I keep my cleaning products for the vehicles to clean them. We now use this for all of our glass cleaning needs such as mirrors and windows in the house too. She will also uses a tooth brush with paper towels to get between the doors and tracks to clean them.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:30 AM   #16

As Joe GA said, the top rail comes off, a royal PITA though.
But, wouldn't it be more practical to wipe the whole shower down and not just the glass doors with a Shamwow?
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:16 PM   #17

Quote:
Quote:
The RV before this one had those aggravating doors. And yes, you can find a squeegee with a long thin blade with the handle in the center that you can get between the panels.

X2

I also Dremeled out the bottom slots flush on the track to allow ALL the water to drain out.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
X2

I also Dremeled out the bottom slots flush on the track to allow ALL the water to drain out.
I did that also. I made the holes larger with a drill motor and they drain great.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:42 PM   #19

Quote:
We do as well, but we can't get between the panes all the way to the edge. I want to take them apart to clean and Rainex.
crrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:37 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
If you're doing that, yank out the doors entirely and save yourself about 80 lbs. of weight.

As for us, we use a squeegee and shift the doors as we do each one. It doesn't get under but it gets close enough that it hasn't been an issue. And then periodically, my wife cleans the shower. Stays looking decent as she refused to switch to a shower curtain (even though we need that 80 lbs!).
Our Cedar Creek is a Cottage and is semi-permanently moored in an RV resort so the 80# is fine.
Squeegee - no matter how thin - will not fit in the narrow gap between the glass.
We do squeegee and wipe down the shower after every use.
There are drain slots in the bottom guides so water trapping is not an issue.

Tags
door, show, shower