Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2016, 09:36 AM   #41

Hey salt
Thanks for the quick reply, that sounds right, based off of the 2016 brochure
29RE = GVWR - 13,985 lb / pin weight - 1,985 lb (I believe it's. based on 18% of dry weight) / UVW - 10,705 lb / CCC - 3,280 lb length = 33' 11". Just makes my payload
Rating (2,380 lb) with about a 10% safety factor. Ps by the way I have a 2012 JK also
Love to go mudding and rock climbing.

Thanks RonG
2016 Ram Delmonico Red 2500 CC 4x4 6.7L Cummins
with rear air suspension 68RFE 6spd Auto 3:42 axle
Gvwr=10,000 lb GCWR=23,300 lb payload
Lilredram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:47 AM   #42

Hey salt
It's. me again wondering what size are your 5er tires? What brand? Are they Constancy? Any issues with them, I have been researching this on here and found
the Constancy's are pretty crappy Chinese junk with a lot of blowouts, have you
Considered changing to better American made tires?

Thanks RonG
2016 Ram Delmonico Red 2500 CC 4x4 6.7L Cummins
with rear air suspension 68RFE 6spd Auto 3:42 axle
Gvwr=10,000 lb GCWR=23,300 lb payload
Lilredram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:07 AM   #43

16" China bombs named Double King...lol. I am going to be replacing them with a 16 LT tire this summer.

Lose the 2nd and the rest will follow.
Salt Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:20 AM   #44

Make SURE you have a tire monitoring system on those tires! Could save you BIG TIME.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:26 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Shaker View Post
Well, I have been trying to bite my tongue. The wife and I really like our Silverback. I purchased our 5er in January 2015 after FR bought back our Wildcat. In Sept of 2015 I sent the dealer a small list of items, TV broke again (cheap connectors and wiring, 5 trips and I have yet to have both TVs working) bedroom closet light, outside corner trim pieces cracking, caulking on a sky light, etc. The dealer finally had an opening the first week of Feb, I drove 200 miles to the dealer only to have the TVs replaced, there were no parts from Cedar Creek that were ordered in stock, and instead of the closet light being replaced the bedroom slide lights and basement lights are now not working...but here is the kicker...the corner of my bedroom slide out trim piece is broken because the bottom of my br slide is swelling up forcing the outside metal bottom trim piece to drop. The caulking line is about 1/4" above where it should be. Both corners are seperating where they join and the rear bottom metal angle it twisted. After spending literally hours of time trying to get through to Cedar Creek I finally talked to Henry Sears, he stated it sounded like water intrusion and to send pics (which I did) and he stated that it would be a warranty item. Several weeks (yes I left messages) have gone by so I spent an hour or so yesterday and finally got through to him only to get told the claim was denied on Feb 5. The reason it was denied was caulking. I was told that after 90 days of ownership that caulking is the responsibility of the owner....Mr. Sears stated that he would resubmit it. I asked why I wasn't notified and why my calls weren't returned and then expressed my extreme displeasure of my forest river ownership experience...yes am F Bomb passed my lip ...the call was some how dropped. I did mention that my 12 year old Laredo that I traded in looked newer than my new Silverback.

So in short after a year of ownership, my front cap is faded and looks 15 years old (I have to drive it 1200 miles to the factory for a replacement), my bedroom slide is in the beginning stages of falling apart because I didn't recaulk my trailer after 90 days and my basement, bedroom slide, and front closet lights aren't working.

I have spent months waiting on parts, hours on the phone trying to talk to someone at Cedar Creek.

I am a work long hours and my free time is well earned.

My dealer is Funtown in Waco Texas.

Garry Barney
I hear your frustrations. We have a 2014 Silverback 31RK. Have had it 2 years and nothing but trouble. The list is to long for here but had to fight 1 1/2 years to get a new frig that did not work from day 1. also have new A/C and steps for the big ones. This unit should never have left factory. Then a bad dealer on top of that.
I took care of my problems this morning signed the papers for a new camper, if it said FR or had a 1350 frig I would not even go in to look.
Hopefully better luck this time. You just have to bite the bullet and take it in the rear to get rid of problems. Or it is not worth camping.
Silverback Iowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 04:16 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback Iowan View Post
I hear your frustrations. We have a 2014 Silverback 31RK. Have had it 2 years and nothing but trouble. The list is to long for here but had to fight 1 1/2 years to get a new frig that did not work from day 1. also have new A/C and steps for the big ones. This unit should never have left factory. Then a bad dealer on top of that.
I took care of my problems this morning signed the papers for a new camper, if it said FR or had a 1350 frig I would not even go in to look.
Hopefully better luck this time. You just have to bite the bullet and take it in the rear to get rid of problems. Or it is not worth camping.

I had a Forest River (Pole Cat) Wildcat but I traded for a Forest River Cedar Creek and it was great. I have another Cedar Creek and the only bad thing is the front cap fade and Cedar Creek is going to replace that

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:20 PM   #47

Just a quick update. I went by Funtown in Waco Tx today to get a quick look at our 5er before picking it up on Saturday.

I am very pleased. It has been a long wait but Cedar Creek has stood behind the product in my case and went beyond to make us happy. The new Cap and BR Slide have my unit looking new again. In fact, I would say after addressing all the items at the factory that it is better than new. Cedar Creek also replaced the 3 step entry to a 4 and changed a broken black water valve. We 're camping in it on Saturday to shake everything down again.

Salt

Lose the 2nd and the rest will follow.
Salt Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 03:38 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Shaker View Post
Just a quick update. I went by Funtown in Waco Tx today to get a quick look at our 5er before picking it up on Saturday.

I am very pleased. It has been a long wait but Cedar Creek has stood behind the product in my case and went beyond to make us happy. The new Cap and BR Slide have my unit looking new again. In fact, I would say after addressing all the items at the factory that it is better than new. Cedar Creek also replaced the 3 step entry to a 4 and changed a broken black water valve. We 're camping in it on Saturday to shake everything down again.

Salt
Always glad to hear a good follow up and the factory service repairs do great work just sad it had to come to that, enjoy your weekend and camper now
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote