Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2015, 09:49 PM   #21

I've bought 2 RVs from Funtown in Waco. Both experiences were positive although the first RV purchase was considerably more frustrating. The salesman was a rookie and failed to properly set up the PDI and sales paperwork for our XLR. But other salesmen stepped in and finished the deal. Then 18 months later, I traded in the XLR for a 2014 29RE. We're liked both RVs but the 29RE just suits us better.

One note on Funtown. They hard sell an extended warranty and never mention the Forest River 2nd year warranty ($250-350). Think long and hard about it. On our first RV, we suckered into the $3,500 extended warranty. Luckily, we never used it and got much of that money back when we traded that RV in for the 29RE. I bought the 2nd year warranty on the 29RE. So far I haven't had to use it (knocks wood).

Funtown did some warranty work on my first RV and it turned out fine. They've never done anything to the 29RE. When I needed warranty work on the 29RE, we were a thousand miles away so we took it to Indiana & the good folks @ Indiana Interstate (Cross RV).

Danno
danno2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 01:37 PM   #22

Bought 2015 siverback 33ik in April. We cod not open refrigerator door all the way found board behind the facing is broke. We like 250 miles away and they have made arrangements with a forest river dealer here to fix it. Two led lights out also within a week of purchase so far experience has been positive.
MaryC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:35 PM   #23

I bought my 37BH from Funtown Cleburne in August 2013, felt like I got a good price (it was on sale as well). Great guy running the service department. (That's the MOST important place to develop a good relationship in any dealership.) He really helped me out on warranty work performed in December 2013.

As or the salesman, well..., typical. He no longer works there. The day of pre-delivery inspection (a busy Saturday) he blew me off. None of the things he personally promise to "throw-in" (less than $30 bucks worth) he didn't. I had already picked up those items myself elsewhere, but it's always nice to have a backup or two.

Funtown gets too swamped with work (in Cleburne at least) and is not good if you need a quick in-and-out warranty repair. I had better luck developing a relationship with a good mobile repairman. Usually can get him in 24 hours, and much faster if it's an emergency.

Although I'm not a true full-timer (I use it as lodging doing oil and gas Landman work, research, etc.) I spend a heck of a lot of time in it. (3-4 nights every week.) It is a lot better than the best hotel living, we can control what kind of a bed we sleep on, etc.) and no longer have to worry about bedbugs.

Wife and I work together, and just wish it was a recreational thing. But all in all, we enjoy it.

Best Wishes!!!
richard75w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 04:48 PM   #24

Silverback purchase

Thank you all for taking the time to post your experiences. I have decided on the Silverback 29RE, and will be picking it up this week.
CC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 04:58 PM   #25

You will love it
Gitiup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:13 AM   #26

I got a great deal on a new 2015 29RE from Funtown in Houston. Sticker was $69,000, and managed to get it for almost 40% less than that. I went ahead and had them install the Reese Goose Box, and the B&W turnover ball hitch. I've never pulled a heavy trailer this smooth. I've read some mixed reviews on the Goose Box, but so far I've been impressed.
I'm not as fearful of the concrete interstate highways with those *&#@!! expansion joints now.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:45 PM   #27

Hi cc75,
We bought our 34rl from Funtown Waco. The price couldn't be beat and very good service. Cedar Creek stands behind their product so I think you will be very happy.
Kodiak Disc Brakes
97flhtcui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:29 AM   #28

We purchased our 351-THSS from Funtown Houston (Wharton) and had a great experience. I thought the price of our 5'er was very reasonable for what we were getting. On top of the deal we actually got a second a/c unit for free.

"Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -Jerry Reed
Pauls Toy Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:05 PM   #29

i bought mine from them best people when u buy it very bad service i have more stuff
broken than i needed fixed and the stuff they fixed looked like a monkey did it and they
had it for 6 weeks
al parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:01 AM   #30

You DID NOT get a 2nd ac for FREE . It was a gift/thank you for the $$ you left on the table!

But if you are happy, carry on👍
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:19 AM   #31

In the shop for over 30 days! I would be screaming bloody murder!!!!
Even with a new roof, awning and waiting on insurance my Creek was in less than three weeks. If a dealer cant get things done in 30 days what makes you think they will ever get it done right?
BTW, even the smallest Silverback is likely going to overload any hut a 2014 or newer 2500/250 series truck.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 10:54 AM   #32

fun town rv

we purchased ours in jan and they made it easy to purchase but warranty work
was terrible more things were broken after i went to pick it up they don't return
calls i wish i could find another place to have work done i have to take it back
but i sure dread the problems i may encounter i hope this helps u out
al parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 11:53 AM   #33

I've been there and looked twice. The first time a rookie salesman almost tackled me getting outa the truck... but wasn't much help... And the second, I asked for sales help and gave up 20 minutes later. I had seen what I wanted to see, anyway, but would have liked to see some alternatives. In my opinion, if I can't get help before I give them money, what's it gonna be like after? "Danger Will Robinson!" But, they do have one model I'm interested in so, I'll probably go back in the spring when I'm thinking about trading.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:55 AM   #34

Just signed the paper work for a new 2015 29IK at the Lazy Days in Waco. I feel I got a heck of a deal right out of the box..they offered me more for my Montana then 2 other dealers and I got the leftover Creek at a deep discount. They worked to get me my payment we wanted and hit it. If you ever go there ask for Noel, very nice and low pressure..(hate high pressure sales people)..........I have had my Montana in there for service too in the past for a slide adjustment.......only took 2 weeks to get in, compared to 3 months for a local Montana dealer and they worked for 6 hours to try and get it adjusted...managed to get it close but this trailer is possessed.....but they only charged me for 2 hours labor.......so far am a happy camper ......oh that was terrible lol lol lol
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:34 PM   #35

Ok I don't know how to edit my post above but its not Lazy Days, but it is Fun Town Rv...I am finding out the service department leaves a little to be desired. We picked our new Silverback up today and did our PDI which was a joke. I am glad I already know a lot about these things and can use the internet to find out about the rest cause I dang sure wasn't gonna find out from the kid doing our PDI.. He really was not familiar with a lot of the things on these units. He had only been working there for a month. Then we get home to find out they mounted one of our roof top vent covers backwards????? No I'm not making this up, can't get the bathroom fan vent open cause the cover is on backwards with the vents facing forward?????... We also met a couple there who were hopefully getting their trailer back after being fixed. It had been in for replacement of their theater seating and when they got it back the seats had not be bolted down and they ripped a big chunk of their linoleum???? She was not a happy camper......
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote