Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2018, 12:39 PM   #21

Countertop pulled away from the wall, igniter in stove doesn't work, converter died, central vac works intermittently, storage latch gets stuck, water pools at the corner of the shower, black tank valve feels like it's going to break, water heater gas igniter frequently shows a fault, exterior speakers are blown and main TV sound doesn't work.
jessa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:40 PM   #22

Thank you for the info. I am still happy with my choice of this unit and floor plan. Just feeling a little burned by lack of response.

And I would agree with you about camping world. They have not been helpful at all.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:01 AM   #23

You're going to probably hate me before long. I hope not. I'm seriously trying to help. PM me anytime if you care to, for any direct info.

Your list is long, but it's nowhere near as serious as our problems were, and our list was about as long. Our black tank fell out. Our slides fell out driving down the road. Yet, this is the best trailer I ever saw, ever sat in, at this moment in time. I got all those fixed. Some of your list, I think maybe you could fix yourself and save a lot of headache. Even if you pay someone, sometimes it costs very little to get a bothersome problem fixed.

There were other niggling issues......our igniter didn't work either, now that I remember it. With the convection microwave, I never use it. But Dometic showed up at FROG, admitted the igniters and pilot and all that was faulty and replaced it all at FROG. They worked on my countertops there. They worked hard on my refrigerator because it was 'loose' when slide was in. Then I took it to Amish Family RV Services and he found the microwave was hanging by a thread......and fixed it...and the refrigerator was not fixed right, so he fixed it better......and about 7 pages of invoice worth of other things. Then he billed Cedar Creek. I also paid him for a lot of stuff we asked for, not warranty. It was one large bill, mostly Cedar Creeks. I am convinced 90% or more of every other manufacturer would have balked, hollered, and not been interested.

And I lived with all those problems, best I could, for 17 months till I got there.

BUT.........

NOW? I'm fixed (well, all but one small leak I can't find. LOL), and I love this trailer and I have 205 days booked/slotted this year. And I can't wait. I'm in it now, and I may just live in it.

And forgive me again, but I still don't know whom you're waiting on a response from? CC directly? Or CW? If CC directly, who?

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:04 PM   #24

Thanks BandJCam, and no I don't think I hate you! Haha. The guys on the cedar creek assembly line, maybe.

You asked who I'm waiting on a response from, and there were two women's names who camping world told me to contact at cedar creek. They gave me phone extension numbers which didn't go to anything. I then left messages on the CC General customer service number asking for a call back as I had question as to whether there were any known fixes for a few issues and I didn't list specifics. That was months ago and never got an answer. Tried the Forest River number to the same effect.

I emailed I believe the same two women. I would have to check when I get home for the names.

I plan to contact the person you gave me info for (thank you!) but am working in an especially loud job today with not great phone service.

I agree with you that fixing things myself is simpler and I have been doing that. My issue with this is, I didn't buy a brand new camper with everything under warranty only to start dumping money into fixing it. I just spent the last three years remodeling a 1950s house. Minor fixes like cabinets that don't close right or trim that is crooked, fine. No biggie.

But I paid out of pocket for a working converter. I lost two days work rebuilding my bed and replacing the mattress. My move to a new state for a job was delayed by three weeks when one slide couldn't be closed (this one I didn't dare mess with myself as there were warnings about voiding the warranty). I lived by flashlight and job site string lights for a week waiting for the new converter.

I appreciate your input for sure. But as of right now I'm unable to agree with you that Cedar Creek provides good customer service. I shouldn't have to hunt through a forum for top secret contact information.

I do understand that RV'S have exploded in popularity and every brand is cranking them out. But you know what? All these new customers are still paying top dollar. If some of that newfound income isn't going to hire additional customer support employees then that is a bad business move on the part of CC.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #25

I have Cedar Creek and have had problems, front and rear caps faded, not at the same time. All the curtains fell in camper, some twice. Cedar Creek put some curtains up and I put the rest up, C/C gave me more brackets and at the rally gave me more. The black water tank valve was stuck, that was fixed at the rally. Residential refrigerator fell off the mount, I had that fixed. The tv stopped going up, the factory put a new motor on that. The microwave would not blow outside, I fixed that. The batteries were hooked up wrong, the dealer did that and I fixed that. It’s the best camper of the five that we have owned. It’s a keeper as we have made a lot of mods to camper.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:20 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessa82 View Post
Thanks BandJCam, and no I don't think I hate you! Haha. The guys on the cedar creek assembly line, maybe.

You asked who I'm waiting on a response from, and there were two women's names who camping world told me to contact at cedar creek. They gave me phone extension numbers which didn't go to anything. I then left messages on the CC General customer service number asking for a call back as I had question as to whether there were any known fixes for a few issues and I didn't list specifics. That was months ago and never got an answer. Tried the Forest River number to the same effect.

I emailed I believe the same two women. I would have to check when I get home for the names.

I plan to contact the person you gave me info for (thank you!) but am working in an especially loud job today with not great phone service.

I agree with you that fixing things myself is simpler and I have been doing that. My issue with this is, I didn't buy a brand new camper with everything under warranty only to start dumping money into fixing it. I just spent the last three years remodeling a 1950s house. Minor fixes like cabinets that don't close right or trim that is crooked, fine. No biggie.

But I paid out of pocket for a working converter. I lost two days work rebuilding my bed and replacing the mattress. My move to a new state for a job was delayed by three weeks when one slide couldn't be closed (this one I didn't dare mess with myself as there were warnings about voiding the warranty). I lived by flashlight and job site string lights for a week waiting for the new converter.

I appreciate your input for sure. But as of right now I'm unable to agree with you that Cedar Creek provides good customer service. I shouldn't have to hunt through a forum for top secret contact information.

I do understand that RV'S have exploded in popularity and every brand is cranking them out. But you know what? All these new customers are still paying top dollar. If some of that newfound income isn't going to hire additional customer support employees then that is a bad business move on the part of CC.
I can't disagree with you really. But what SHOULD be the case is not, and that appears to be ubiquitous across all lines. If you dislike CC, I'd suggest that another one is worse. I didn't say they are great, just better than most at this price point. And I still think CW is probably due more blame than it appears......only because they always are!

If your converter truly is out, bad, broken.........CC will get you a new one. If that was me, I'd go buy one from bestconverter.com and replace it.......it's not hard if you can access it....and send a letter and a 'bill' to Cedar Creek. I'll bet you something nice that they pay it, unless you get some whoo-boy spiffy converter that costs too much. And besides, you'd have a new converter.

I went nuts myself. I had big time safety problems. Slides literally falling out in transit. I yelled. That didn't do any good. So I calmed down and caught some flies with honey, not vinegar.

I got help. Every brand has a club, and usually that club has some direct backdoor contact with the manufacturer. Many hate these clubs, I love ours. It has been a lifesaver. But it's not magic either.

I guess in your shoes I'd have to decide what I wanted.........a working camper, or free (warranty) work. It is possible you might not get both. If you really want both, my suggestion (and I'm being serious) is to drive to Topeka, IN to the factory and walk in and knock on the door (it's hard to find, PM me and I'll tell you where it is), and say "My camper is outside and I'd appreciate someone coming to look at some major issues I'm having". Somewhere in that conversation I'd mention the trouble I had getting attention.

What I can't understand is why some folks have the degree of difficulty you have, and others have difficulty but still get through eventually??

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 02-17-2018, 04:32 PM   #27

I did replace the converter. I am an electrician, so yes I am sure it is bad. It honestly never occurred to me to try to send the cost of that replacement to Cedar Creek, because I bought an aftermarket one. I will give that suggestion a try.

At this point I am working on getting the extended warranty I purchased through Camping World cancelled since they are so impossible to get service through (I am full-timing and traveling for work so leaving my trailer sitting in their service yard for months is not an option).

I laughed at your suggestion of taking it to Indiana because that is so not my responsibility..... However Indiana is one possible location for work this spring so who knows...
Old 02-18-2018, 02:58 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessa82 View Post
I did replace the converter. I am an electrician, so yes I am sure it is bad. It honestly never occurred to me to try to send the cost of that replacement to Cedar Creek, because I bought an aftermarket one. I will give that suggestion a try.

At this point I am working on getting the extended warranty I purchased through Camping World cancelled since they are so impossible to get service through (I am full-timing and traveling for work so leaving my trailer sitting in their service yard for months is not an option).

I laughed at your suggestion of taking it to Indiana because that is so not my responsibility..... However Indiana is one possible location for work this spring so who knows...
Yes, send your bill to them. Document it in detail. I'll bet you they pay it.

And I like to make folks laugh!! But I didn't laugh either, but I DID take it to Indiana and there is nowhere else on this Planet that could have fixed it. Not even the factory. LONG long story. And now I'm glad I did and I have a functional extremely great trailer for years to come.

FROG AR-0019-242