Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2018, 03:20 PM   #21

We have a 18 33IK and love it! The bedroom and living area, dinette and chairs are cathedral ceilings. The only slide that is not is the rear driver slide where the TV stove and fridge are. And one of the reasons we bought it was the roominess that the it had.
Twincamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:52 PM   #22

The 37RL we looked at had cathedral slides on both living room couches as well as the dining table slide - the only flat slide was fridge

The bedroom was also a cathedral slide

Always wondered why they could not make fridge cathedral as well - maybe with some decorative trim or cabinets ?
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:35 PM   #23

Ji,

My 2014 Silverback 33RL has the refer in one of its three cathedral slides. So at one time, they were able to do it.

FWIW.

Rich Phillips
richp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:58 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcook View Post
2017 29RE silverback 22 months old list of problems 1st Left rear slide does not come in on first try all the time Lippert and Cedar Creek do not have a clue other than it is heavy . 2nd Black tank valve stuck open (yuck what a mess it was) crooked seal I fixed that, had to remove it clean it and lube it. 3rd Roof leak trying to find it now believe it is from under the rear a/c unit. 4th Hanging light over the table broke causing the globe to drop onto the table putting dents in it. 5th Front a/c unit quit working haven't had time to get it looked at yet. 6th least of the problems had to replace a hydraulic line. 7th board above the fireplace is cracking length wise. So much for Cedar Creek quality. We had a 2003 Cardinal 29WBLE for 13 years had only 2 problems with it after all those years. Sorry I had to vent
Same year and model: Lots of issues, most minor except the black tank valve being stuck. It had to be replaced under warranty. Overall in spite of the many issues, most have completely livable. Some of your issues are critical and should be fixed properly. Hope all works out, we love our unit and hope to have it for a long time.
Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
'19 F 350 CC, LB King Ranch Ultimate
17 Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 12:54 AM   #25

I have the same model but a 2018. List of problems grows every day. The latest I found was while I was laying in the storage compartments repairing the water pump check valve, I spotted the ductwork connection to the furnace which was visible only from this angle and saw that it was half crushed. While this was not a surprise given the terrible quality level of this rv, it still made me angry all over again.

Good luck getting your issues worked out. So far I've had to do everything myself because I'm traveling in it for work and can't be without it.
jessa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 07:40 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessa82 View Post
I have the same model but a 2018. List of problems grows every day. The latest I found was while I was laying in the storage compartments repairing the water pump check valve, I spotted the ductwork connection to the furnace which was visible only from this angle and saw that it was half crushed. While this was not a surprise given the terrible quality level of this rv, it still made me angry all over again.

Good luck getting your issues worked out. So far I've had to do everything myself because I'm traveling in it for work and can't be without it.
This is our 4th RV: Motorhome, Truck Camper, 2x 5th wheels. Of all of them only the Truck Camper was problem free, yes some very minor issues that could not justify a trip to Arctic Fox. Great unit, owned it 7 years and it worked.

Want problems, our motorcoach was a nightmare, in the shop almost 1 week per month the first year.

Our first 5th wheel, the nose end filled up with water and I mean FILLED UP. It was making my F 350 Dually squat under the weight. Seems Jayco did not bother to seal the top of the nose cap and it filled with rain water as we sat in camp over a few days. I discovered it when I noted water SQUIRTING out of the electrical plug on the wall above the nightstands. Of course claim denied to the fact they said I had not inspected it every 6 mo and the unit was 8 mo old at the time. I dumped by trading it in.

We love our Silverback and its few issues have been dealt with and here is how we got it done: We found a small independent RV Repair shop that is on the Forest River Cedar Creek list of authorized repair. This solves the warranty issue. Now we have to pay for the repair and then back bill Forest River, so its money out of our pocket. BUT we don't wait for months on end to get a 2 hour repair.

We have been able to put drop our Silverback off and pick back up a couple of days later. They are small, owner and wife and 2 or 3 mechanics, but they are fast, friendly and work hard to make you happy.

Boerne RV, Boerne, Texas

We get a bill that is itemized from them to meet the FR requirements and have no issue with getting reimbursed albet a bit slow.
Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
'19 F 350 CC, LB King Ranch Ultimate
17 Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 10:16 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks View Post
This is our 4th RV: Motorhome, Truck Camper, 2x 5th wheels. Of all of them only the Truck Camper was problem free, yes some very minor issues that could not justify a trip to Arctic Fox. Great unit, owned it 7 years and it worked.

Want problems, our motorcoach was a nightmare, in the shop almost 1 week per month the first year.

Our first 5th wheel, the nose end filled up with water and I mean FILLED UP. It was making my F 350 Dually squat under the weight. Seems Jayco did not bother to seal the top of the nose cap and it filled with rain water as we sat in camp over a few days. I discovered it when I noted water SQUIRTING out of the electrical plug on the wall above the nightstands. Of course claim denied to the fact they said I had not inspected it every 6 mo and the unit was 8 mo old at the time. I dumped by trading it in.

We love our Silverback and its few issues have been dealt with and here is how we got it done: We found a small independent RV Repair shop that is on the Forest River Cedar Creek list of authorized repair. This solves the warranty issue. Now we have to pay for the repair and then back bill Forest River, so its money out of our pocket. BUT we don't wait for months on end to get a 2 hour repair.

We have been able to put drop our Silverback off and pick back up a couple of days later. They are small, owner and wife and 2 or 3 mechanics, but they are fast, friendly and work hard to make you happy.

Boerne RV, Boerne, Texas

We get a bill that is itemized from them to meet the FR requirements and have no issue with getting reimbursed albet a bit slow.
Thanks for that tip.
jessa82 is offline   Reply With Quote