Old 02-10-2020, 03:22 PM   #1

Angry Slide cover locks up slide - will not open 37rth

So I have a 2019 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback Edition 37RTH. My center (kitchen) slide is a hydraulic apposing slide for the kitchen appliances on drivers side and the dinette on the passenger side. I have factory installed slide covers which look like the Lippert type but no markings to know for sure. While at the dealer getting my TV changed out, the dealer attempted to open the slide in order to get to the living room tv when we hear some loud crunching type sounds. whatever the noise was it stopped the slide from opening. The dealer looked outside and saw the slide cover roller on the dinette side was jamming against the slide itself and forcing it to stop opening. He had to take the slide cover off and, as he said, "I need to order the shim kit for this. This happens to all of the Forest River products. I don't know why they don't fix it at the factory." So this seems a bit crazy but after looking at the other slides, i can see they are also very close to hitting the slide when open. All are less then one inch out. Not sure if that is normal or not. One of the problems that I saw after looking at another 37RTH is the way the main awning is mounted compared to mine. My awning is mounted very close to the slide, which in turn made them mount the slide cover to the extreme right side of the slide where the left side roller is actually on top of the slide-out and the right side roller is extended well past the slide. The other 37rth had the main awning moved to the back and the slide out awning was mounted correctly. The downfall of this method is that you must half shut your main door in order to open the main awning or the awning extensions would hit on the door. A bit of a design error, I think. So now I must wait for the dealer to get the part to fix my slide. They said it is special order and will take a few weeks. Any information from others would be appreciated.

BOB 37RTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 04:47 PM   #2
Commercial Member

BOB 37RTH,

Thank you for being a part of the Cedar Creek family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your new Cedar Creek Silverback Edition. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Nick Schrock in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: https://www.forestriverinc.com/Direc...69499666053139.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River

ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:47 AM   #3

Thank you for the link. I have responded with an email.
BOB 37RTH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, lock, slide