Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2017, 03:35 PM   #1

Slide Issues

I got a 2015 CC 36CKTS with the level-up system. I am currently having an issue with my retract slides. The extend slide works fine. I have chased the electrical around and I have power at the "extend" blade on the solenoid when I energized the slide extend rocker switch. When the slides are out and I energize the "retract" rocker, I simply get a clicking noise at the solenoid.

With the rocker switch engaged for the retract, I do not have power at the solenoid retract blade (white wire). This white wire goes down to the power panel in the front rear storage area and pairs up with a brown wire. I have checked all the fuses and they are okay.

When either the inside or outside slide switches are engaged to retract, I am not sure how this works. Any rate I am not getting power back to the solenoid for the retract blade action.

Anyone how any experience with this issue? I sure hate to go park this trailer at an RV shop for 2 plus weeks for a fix.

Thanks, Glen in MS
glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:47 PM   #2

glendodom, I can't help with your questions but I understand that Lippert Customer Service may be able to answer your questions. Phone: 574-537-8900
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:57 PM   #3

Thanks. I already have spoken with Lippert and they advise since their system components are working and it is a wiring/power issue to the solenoid that it is a CC mfg issue. So far CC/FR hasn't returned my call nor messages.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:37 PM   #4

I'm assuming your level up system is working? The jacks extend and retract? If yes then we know the motor and dual polarity solenoid is working. It is just the slides that will not retract. Are they still out or have you manually retracted?

The white rocker switch in the outside compartment should have 12V coming to its common pin. You should be able to get to the back of this toggle switch pretty easy. See if the 12v switches from one contact to the other when you press top and bottom of switch. This should go directly to the dual polarity solenoid to run the hydraulic motor in each direction.

Here is a link to a basic quite to LCI a year or so ago. I think the principle is still the same. https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ers-Manual.pdf

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:55 AM   #5

Thanks. Yes, the level-up works and the extend slide out works. I finally spoke with an FR guy this morning and explained the issue. He says it is a bad solenoid, even though it still will extend. I have ordered a solenoid. Thanks for the assist.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendodom View Post
Thanks. Yes, the level-up works and the extend slide out works. I finally spoke with an FR guy this morning and explained the issue. He says it is a bad solenoid, even though it still will extend. I have ordered a solenoid. Thanks for the assist.
So.......it's a bad solenoid, but you say Lippert wouldn't admit that, claiming it was wiring. Typical Lippert.

They also have a history of blaming the Alta board (the remote motherboard) instead of their own stuff. They screwed mine up beyond hope, and CC had to put it all back together last week.

I lived with slide issues for a year. Just last week the only tech on Earth that I'd trust to fix it...........fixed it........on CC's nickel.

Mine would almost always extend. But rarely all go in. Once in, they fell out once the jacks were raised. And once I somehow got past all that, they'd creep out many inches while in transit.

I had four bad components. Took five days to isolate them one by one. One ram bad..........then bad solenoid............then bad pump (internal valve bad).......then second bad ram in bedroom. AND they had to rewire the Alta board that Lippert incorrectly cut all wires too falsely blaming that board. I'm golden now, but it's been a long year.

Lots of things can go wrong with slides. And a lot of them do.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:49 PM   #7

FR advised it was the solenoid. I have now replaced it and have the same issue. As far as the rocker switch near the motor, on my unit, the rocker switch has 3 wires. Center one (white) simply goes to a ground. The other two go back down to the control panel on an extend blade and a retract blades (marries up with another wire at the blade connection). The extend works. Evidently, the power is not transmitting via the control box back up to the solenoid for the retract mode.

FR is not taking calls today thus I presume on a long holiday?

Any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
I'm assuming your level up system is working? The jacks extend and retract? If yes then we know the motor and dual polarity solenoid is working. It is just the slides that will not retract. Are they still out or have you manually retracted?

The white rocker switch in the outside compartment should have 12V coming to its common pin. You should be able to get to the back of this toggle switch pretty easy. See if the 12v switches from one contact to the other when you press top and bottom of switch. This should go directly to the dual polarity solenoid to run the hydraulic motor in each direction.

Here is a link to a basic quite to LCI a year or so ago. I think the principle is still the same. https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ers-Manual.pdf
Old 09-06-2017, 01:57 PM   #8

As I said, there's only one tech on Earth I'd take serious CC issues to, and he's in Ligonier, IN. I had it twice to an otherwise very reputable dealer, and they failed to fix it. I had the 'best' tech Lippert had meet me in his mobile truck, and he screwed it up worse than it was. 2 weeks ago, it was fixed. I waited a year.

My problem was not electrical, however, so it may be two very different things.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 09-06-2017, 05:02 PM   #9

Looking at the Cedar Creek Owners Forum, I saw where a guy described my slide issue to a "t" and noted they ended up replacing his Alta board. I have tried searching for an Alta series board and haven't had any luck. I understand it is a FR product.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:09 PM   #10

Slide Issue

Well after chasing all the various issues my problem ended up being the Alta Control Board. I spoke with American Technologies and was given two choices: 1 being $200 for a replacement or 2 returning my board for their rebuild for about $30. I went with the rebuild and just got it back today and installed. Yea, problem resolved.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:21 PM   #11

I was told same thing.

But the ALTA board replacement didn't fix a thing. It was a combination of a bad solenoid, two bad rams, and a bad pump.

Glad yours is fixed! Slide issues are draining, ain't they? Mine lasted a year.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 09-18-2017, 05:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendodom View Post
Well after chasing all the various issues my problem ended up being the Alta Control Board. I spoke with American Technologies and was given two choices: 1 being $200 for a replacement or 2 returning my board for their rebuild for about $30. I went with the rebuild and just got it back today and installed. Yea, problem resolved.
Thanks for posting back the solution..

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:30 PM   #13

Alta Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I was told same thing.

But the ALTA board replacement didn't fix a thing. It was a combination of a bad solenoid, two bad rams, and a bad pump.

Glad yours is fixed! Slide issues are draining, ain't they? Mine lasted a year.
The guy at American Tech said they tested it and it wasn't sending power out the blade that sends power to the return solenoid connection as I had described to him. He said the relay within the board had gone out thus they rebuilt it.

Tags
slide