Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2020, 03:42 PM   #1

Slide Out

Each time we are heading out for a long weekend we find our bedroom slide out open. We use the RV about once a month so this happens in that length of time. When we open the slide outside this is the leading one. I've even turned the slide out controller (3) off once storing. What's happening here?Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200530-153725.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	230250Click image for larger version

Name:	20200530_152850.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	230251
TexasGolfBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 03:46 PM   #2

You might have a slight leak in the ram for that slide, we had that in our bedroom also but it would creep out when using other things hydraulic, not sitting in storage. It might be a place to start checking. Good luck and keep us posted.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 04:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGolfBum View Post
Each time we are heading out for a long weekend we find our bedroom slide out open. We use the RV about once a month so this happens in that length of time. When we open the slide outside this is the leading one. I've even turned the slide out controller (3) off once storing. What's happening here?Attachment 230250Attachment 230251
The Individual Room Control knobs turn off the hydraulic fluid flowing to each room. Yours has an off position label so I’m not sure if they are just 1/2 turn valves or not. Mine in a 2016 CC are like a spigot. They turn multiple times to close. Righty tighty. I’m not saying yours are the same but make sure they are tight, in other words you can’t twist closed any further. Twist until it stops.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:40 PM   #4

If you have an internal piston seal leak in any of your slide cylinders ... it won't make any difference how you turn those knobs. They are only on the extend side of each cylinder anyways ... they do not shut off both lines to each cylinder. If it is a piston seal ... when you close your slides, there is residual pressure in the system helping hold the slides closed. That pressurized oil will leak past the seal and push out the slide with the least resistance ... which is usually the bedroom slide. If you mess around with the manual slide shut off valves and nothing gets any better, go to the Lippert website and look up how to test slide cylinders for leakage. It requires a bit of mechanical skill, but not too hard to master.

PS When I say it may be any cylinder, that is because there are no dedicated retract lines to each cylinder in our systems ... some cylinders are T'd to one another to cut manufacturing costs ... several brands do this.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out