Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2022, 06:47 PM   #1

Slide out seals

I just finished replacing 4 seals on our 2017 29RE silverback what a disgrace to put junk like that on a nice rig. We had a 2003 Cardinal for 13 years never had to replace 1 seal let alone 4 and counting . Disappointed to say the least.
jjcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 07:29 PM   #2

Slide out seals

Out TT was manufactured in mid-2015 although it is a 2016 model. The seals are original. I maintain them using Aerospace 303 on a regular basis. That is a couple of times a year. Also, the slide is closed when the trailer is not being used. The TT is outside and is not covered 24/7/365. I've seen NO deterioration in their performance. Hope I don't.
Bob K4TAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 09:26 PM   #3

The seals split on the 2 large main slides of our 18 36CK2. I replaced them and about 3000 miles of towing later, they had begun to fail again. Orvan had a look at them when I was up in Shipshewana having work done and he discovered that the slides were too tight. He adjusted the slides and no more problems with the seals. This may not be your problem but keep it in mind.
DeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 10:10 PM   #4

In 2020 Orvan replaced the seals on all my slides after inspecting them and noticing they were showing signs of wear. I have a 2015 CC Silverback 29RE, although it was built in late 2014. The seals are important to keeping moisture out of my unit and the cost was well worth it.
Parrothead Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seal, slide, slide out