Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2018, 01:22 PM   #1

Slides not working

We have a 2014 Cedar Creek Cottage and the slides have quit working. This is a hydraulic system run by a 12 volt motor. The slides were out and when we went to close them, nothing worked. We checked the battery (13.5 volts).Checked back at the converter and also at the motor itself and both read 13 volts. Checked all the fuses and all were ok. Made sure the slide switch was on and ckecked both operation switches both inside and at the motor. System seems completely dead as there not even a click when you push either switch. Made sure all connections were good and clean. We were able to get the slides in manually but am at a standstill as to how we proceed from here. This trailer is permanently parked and is not something we can just hook up and take to a dealer. Any advise or help would be appreciated.
skyviewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 03:08 PM   #2

I don't have a cottage I have a fifth wheel but there is a breaker panel which is connected to your hydraulic system and the breakers must be untripped also check the connections at the pump motor when I received mine they periodically worked or didn't that was because they never tightened the cable hold down nuts properly and would not make a complete connection on a regular basis good luck
Outlaw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:04 PM   #3

Did you go outside and push the manual switch on top of the pump? Did you push the reset button on the breaker? Does the motor run? Do you have manual selector valves? Are they close?
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedu View Post
Did you go outside and push the manual switch on top of the pump? Did you push the reset button on the breaker? Does the motor run? Do you have manual selector valves? Are they close?
Yes we have manual selector valves. All are open. The motor does not run. Don't know where the breaker is. Have not been able to find one. I know there is on the fifth wheels but not sure if there is one on the cottage. Thanks for the reply
Old 04-15-2018, 05:36 PM   #5

Trace the power wire back from the motor and you will find one. It is likely a small metal breaker with a very tiny button on the bottom. Push the button in and try again. As a last resort take your volt meter and follow the power.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:22 AM   #6

Follow the power lead it should connect to a power buds bar.(where all you 12 volt connections are) stick your finger behind the buds bar and run it up or down and you should feel the resets. I have a fifth wheel and that's where mine is.
n1joh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1joh View Post
Follow the power lead it should connect to a power buds bar.(where all you 12 volt connections are) stick your finger behind the buds bar and run it up or down and you should feel the resets. I have a fifth wheel and that's where mine is.
The correct word is BUSS not buds. Buds are who you go camping with.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:47 AM   #8

That's what happens without spellcheck
n1joh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:29 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1joh View Post
Good info above. I don't know where they are on your cottage but mine are in the front garage with the spare tire. I was surprised where they are located and the small size of these.
2018 GMC 2500 Denali

Nights camped 2018=60
Azdigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:55 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyviewman View Post
... Checked back at the converter and also at the motor itself and both read 13 volts.
You said that you checked voltage at the motor itself and you had 13 volts. That pretty much says that all the fuses & circuit breakers are good (You could still have a bad ground). Given that, I'd start with testing the motor. I'd buy an inline fuse or circuit breaker the amp rating required and use it to hook the motor directly to the battery to see if it runs. If it does, then start working backward from there to find the power interruption. If it doesn't run, then it's time to look at a new motor.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:14 PM   #11

This thread has pics of what the buss bar with mini breakers behind it look like in a 5er:http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ng-157459.html

The OP described the same symptoms you are. Posts #5 & 6 show pics. I suspect you will find something similar near your hydraulic motor.
DJNCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:01 PM   #12

Yes, that was my post about my pump not working. Those mini breakers are very hard to see, in fact, they don't even look like buttons. Look for a cooper bus bar that all the large power wires go into.

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:49 PM   #13

Thanks for all the advice. Will be going out to the trailer next week and see if we can get the slides operating. Wil let you know the results.
thanks again
Old 04-17-2018, 04:08 PM   #14

Yes, that was my post about my pump not working. Those mini breakers are very hard to see, in fact, they don't even look like buttons. Look for a cooper bus bar that all the large power wires go into.

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:18 AM   #15

Experienced a similar issue with our 2015 CCK and everything worked after resetting the breaker located at the front of the trailer. Remove the covers to access the breaker and press the small button on the side. See attached pics of location and what the breaker looks like. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2105.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	334.1 KB
ID:	168645Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2104.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	257.9 KB
ID:	168646
cck camper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide