Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2020, 09:43 AM   #1

Stain Colors?

We have a 2019 37RTH and have a few MOD projects and would like to get the stain that is used in the trailers. Does anyone have the stain type and color that are used in the trailers.

Thank you!
4garylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:10 AM   #2

Stain matching is always tricky, no matter what. It depends on the stain type, particular batch, the base wood, application method and other factors like aging. I would experiment with mixing 2 stains and stain small sample pieces of the wood to be used for the project, keeping detailed records is key.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:18 AM   #3

I took a piece of scrap of the wood I wanted to stain and a sample of the wood I wanted to match to the Sherwin Williams store and the guy there worked with base and tints until we got a match. It took him a while, but we got a perfect match.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:26 PM   #4

Stain Match

I have a paint/stain dealer I work with and will prob do that but will first connect with Orvin and see. I would suspect that I should be able to get some and or possible stain formula. Most cabinets shops us a minwax formula regardless of stain brands...

Thanks!!!!
Old 03-30-2020, 01:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4garylee View Post
I have a paint/stain dealer I work with and will prob do that but will first connect with Orvin and see. I would suspect that I should be able to get some and or possible stain formula. Most cabinets shops us a minwax formula regardless of stain brands...

Thanks!!!!

Interesting, Minwax is one of my least favorite stains, I rather work with Varathane oil stains. I would only use scrap pieces from the project at hand to get to the right color, not only is there a great variance between wood species but between boards from the same tree.
I'm not claiming to be a pro but furniture/kitchen building kind off runs in the family.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 02:46 PM   #6

Clarification

Just minwax colors. Not the stain itself. I have a production cabinet shop and only use ML Campbell products but they utilize the mini wax color chart and formulas to mix colors. So the color formula is the better of the solutions but want to get a dead in match being this trailer is one year old and most of all your frames in the trailer exception the doors are plastic wrapped color.

Thanks for all the feedback!