Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2020, 08:33 PM   #1

Stop light, turn signal light help!

A couple of months ago I had an issue with my drivers side stop light, turn signal. I found the correct wire in the front storage are and had power there. I checked back at the rear light and could not get power there.
I could not trace the wire from the front to the back of the trailer. It disappeared under the enclosed underbelly. I finally had to run a new wire from were I had power up front along the frame to the back stop light..
I am now having the same problem with the light on the passenger side. I am at a campground and have an uneven and rocky site.
Does anyone have a better fix for this problem?
Old 09-07-2020, 04:49 PM   #2

I don’t get a response on this so I thought maybe it was something no one else was having a problem with.
Last week I was at Orvan’s having some work done and asked him about it. He told me that he had seen a problem with the wiring in the very back of the rv where it crosses the frame and then they set the floor frame on top of the wire and it damages the wires. So when I got home I went to the back of the rv on the driver side. I cut a slit into the fabric where I could get my hand inside. Just as he said the floor framework was setting on the turn signal/brake light wire. The wires were badly damaged and you could see where they were shorting out. I was surprised it did not blow a fuse. I repaired the wires and all is good.
Old 09-07-2020, 05:02 PM   #3

Wow who would have thought that was the problem. Thanks for the info!
mshenygo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, turn signal