Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2020, 01:51 PM   #1

Stove Recall 34IK

I got a recall from FR for my new rig, [URL=https://dealers.forestriverinc.com/download/recall/20V070-Documents.pdf[/URL]. The document says they're going to pull the stove out an inch and a half and then replace the cloth valance above the mini-blind with a metal valance. I'm not at my trailer but I don't recall there being any kind of valance there. Has anybody had this done? I can't believe they are not doing anything to cover or fill that inch and a half gap behind the stove created by the procedure. It's bad enough the stove is going to stick out more but to just leave that open gap is crazy and will look like crap.

If there's a valance, I'm inclined to just remove it and leave the stove where it is. If I take my trailer to the dealer for other service would they be required to do this recall even if I told them I didn't want it?
TXFolkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:05 PM   #2

I'm so glad we didn't get that stove in ours. Sometimes the latest and greatest is not all that great. Hope you get it all worked out but don't put up with a half ass fix on the recall. They're doing this to get themselves off the hook and could care less what you think. Don't accept anything but a proper solution.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 11:42 PM   #3

Agree with Daycruiser

I agree completely with Daycruiser. DO NOT let them fudge around with your unit. Make them repair it correctly, even if that means a re-do.

Our VERY early off the line 2020 34IK (actually, it's really a 2019.5 with a 2020 VIN) has the Furrion cook top and separate oven below. The oven vent gets very hot while in use, but we've had no issues with the countertop behind it, the valance above or the mini blind. There is a 3" space between the oven vent and the window frame which is countertop.

I believe you have the stand alone range? If it were me, I'd see if they can switch you over to the cook top/oven set up as in the 2019's. There would be a bit of 'reconstruction', but it'd be worth it for safety. When I saw how close that slide in range is to the window in the later 2020's, I was glad we have the cook top/oven set up.

Best wishes for a SAFE and satisfactory resolution.
“Hunt, fish, camp, travel, repeat”
Chillaxin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall

« Inverter | Oven »