Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2014, 02:20 PM   #1

Tank drain help

So took the new CC 36CKTS out on its maiden voyage. All went well until I went to dump the tanks. Pulled the black tank valve and water went everywhere. Looked under neath and noticed the elbow had a huge crack in it. I replaced the elbow but also noticed the line coming from the trailer is also cracked. I'm wondering In case the dealership says it's my fault, how hard is it to replace that section. Looks like you have to open up the under belly area to get it out and the new one in.

I think it's only my fault as I did not look under there during the walk thru. My thinking is some put water in the pipe with draining it out and it froze on the lot

Thanks
Greg
Old 04-01-2014, 03:09 PM   #2

They obviously did a poor PDI too! They are supposed to put water in all tanks and check the drains. A leak like that would be hard to miss! I don't think it will be hard for the dealer to fix the PVC piping. That stuff isn't too complex but they will have to pull the underbelly cover to get to the tank & plumbing.
danno2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:26 PM   #3

I don't think the factory test for leaks with water. They use air pressure. I suspect it was the dealer that ran water in it. I had a similar issue but no cracks or busted pipes.

(our CC 36CKTS is only two months old )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140304_143221010.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	48950  
just.a.jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:40 AM   #4
Plain Old Member

That underbelly can be a pain to remove, at least certain panels. I liked the idea as advertised, until I went to remove certain ones. Unscrewing, easy, getting it pried out from the I-beam flange, kind of easy, if it's got a line running through it or under it, not easy, and then once you get the panel out of the way, you have to try and work that insulation out of the way to get to what you're after. I removed some of mine for my at home PDI, checking for leaks and to see where some things were. Some panels I decided to leave well enough alone. All that said, accessing the front black tank on ours, was the easier one to get to, and the black tank pipe run is the shortest one to the outlet. I just hope I NEVER have to replace anything in there.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:32 AM   #5

Thanks for all the replies. Will have to see what the dealer says

Greg

Tags
drain, tank