Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2015, 08:43 PM   #21

We go south for the winter and cover for the summer. It's a bear to be 73 years old and deploying a 40 ft cover. This summer we did not cover for various reasons. Wasps nested in the rear AC and pretty much destroyed it.
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:17 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygeo1 View Post
How about the Air Conditioner Unit? Get a cover for it for storage?

That is if I don't use a complete coach cover....
You should never cover an A/C unit completely,,,
Either home or RV,,, they must be able to breath !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:22 AM   #23

All "factory approved" covers "breath".
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:59 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stansoper View Post
Do you cover your house in the winter? How many covers do you see on RVs at the dealers? I don't use one. Think it is a waste of money.
Hopefully your house is built a little different that an RV !!!
No Dealer is going to spend the money it would take to cover all there units,,, besides how would they show them ???

I say if you can,,, cover it !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 04:01 PM   #25

Quote:
Do you cover your house in the winter? How many covers do you see on RVs at the dealers? I don't use one. Think it is a waste of money.
My TT, and I'd dare say the vast majority of TTs, do not have asphalt shingles. My house, however, does. That is NOT a good comparison...
10K WD Equal-i-zer Hitch
2015 Coachmen Catalina 273BH
LANShark42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 04:32 PM   #26

Quote:
Is your house made of fiberglass with a gel coat finish? Does your house have a lot of plastic covers on it's roof and fabric awnings. That's a silly comparison. That's like saying why cover your RV tires, you don't cover you car tires do ya?
UV does a number on RV's plain and simple. A good quality cover that breaths and fits well, will keep you RV looking years newer and if there is the possibility of any leaks then it will lessen the possibility of water damage while setting and not being observed closely. I hate dealing with covers, but hate replacing plastic parts decals etc. from UV damage. To each their own.
Dealers want people to see their products, so they wont cover something they wish to sell and send down the road. Full timers have no real choice unless they park under a rigid cover and many do.
My RVs have always looked newer than others (so I'm told by prospective buyers) They have always been covered when not in use. My 2 cents worth.
Airlift remote compressor system
Ultragauge EM Plus OBDII monitor
BendOrLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 02:15 PM   #27

I cover and use tennis balls on the drain spouts ties nice and wind has never been an issue rubbing most good adco covers also come with a top part to cover your ladder to insure any extra rubs on the high spots won't appear or damage trailer I say it's good insurance to keep your unit safe water free while sitting yes a pain putting it on but if you roll it on right it becomes easy to installs🤔😎small holes in material let it breath and added vents t smooth air flow
buckaroo2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover