Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2017, 08:06 AM   #61

I recently took the ferry across to Newfoundland, we have 38EL full body paint, as we were leaving the rig one of the deck hands told me that is the best looking RV 5 ther that has ever came across here and believe me they see thousands a year. We have had so many comments it had become almost natural.
Love it.
corn flakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:46 AM   #62

The full body paint looks great and it all comes down to what you like and can afford, now if I could put the Cedar Creek decals on the camper too then DW would be sold. DW likes the covered bridges on the Creek. It's what you like, like I personally don't like the level up but most people on here does
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:58 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
The full body paint looks great and it all comes down to what you like and can afford, now if I could put the Cedar Creek decals on the camper too then DW would be sold. DW likes the covered bridges on the Creek. It's what you like, like I personally don't like the level up but most people on here does
Someday tell me why not. That's the #1 reason I got this thing. I hated the old way on the bumper pull.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:57 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Someday tell me why not. That's the #1 reason I got this thing. I hated the old way on the bumper pull.
I'd like to hear that too. On my 2nd auto-level 5er and would never go back.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:35 AM   #65

With a residential refrigerator to me there is no need for a level up. I have met people that just use the level up in manual mode. Very rarely do we spend the night on a concrete pad, most are not level. We have to put pads under the jacks to keep the wheels on the ground and sometimes no matter what we do one or two wheels will come off the ground. I can put a four foot board under the wheels on the low side to get camper level side to side and use the front jacks to get camper level front to back. Then I could use stabilizer jacks at rear of camper. I don't have a RV refrigerator, the camper does not have to be completely level. The level up system is not cheap. But like I have always said buy what you like. The full body paint job is nice, maybe I'll get one on my next Cedar Creek. But unless Cedar Creek would install the covered bridge decals or paint them on the camper there is no way I would even look at a Creek with full body paint. DW likes the covered bridge decals.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:36 PM   #66

We had a SOB trailer for 9 years and never had a problem with decal cracking or coming off. It was kept outside year around without a cover. Does CC have problems with their decals?
Old 09-20-2017, 04:18 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by todalake View Post
We had a SOB trailer for 9 years and never had a problem with decal cracking or coming off. It was kept outside year around without a cover. Does CC have problems with their decals?

How do you like your Cedar Creek 38FBD? I like the half a bath,
Old 09-20-2017, 04:58 PM   #68

Quote:
With a residential refrigerator to me there is no need for a level up.

I have met people that just use the level up in manual mode. Very rarely do we spend the night on a concrete pad, most are not level. We have to put pads under the jacks to keep the wheels on the ground and sometimes no matter what we do one or two wheels will come off the ground. I can put a four foot board under the wheels on the low side to get camper level side to side and use the front jacks to get camper level front to back. Then I could use stabilizer jacks at rear of camper. I don't have a RV refrigerator, the camper does not have to be completely level. The level up system is not cheap. But like I have always said buy what you like. The full body paint job is nice, maybe I'll get one on my next Cedar Creek. But unless Cedar Creek would install the covered bridge decals or paint them on the camper there is no way I would even look at a Creek with full body paint. DW likes the covered bridge decals.
Spock, NOT being argumentative. But you truly have me curious.

What does a residential refrigerator option have to do with level up?? I don't see a connection.........
???

You say the Level Up is not cheap, but you are not going to get a unit without it, I don't think. It'd be like ordering a new Buick but with a standard transmission. Not going to happen. I might be wrong, but bet I'm not.

Decals are available. Orvan has 'em. You can get them.

Only ONE time have I ever had a campsite that lifted one tire off the ground, and that was one tire....... yet you say it's all of yours. Where are you camping??

Lastly..........here's my real curiosity with your thoughts. If you are on an unlevel camping site, what is the difference when you are done leveling, whether you had an automatic level up system or not? I am not able to understand how the 6-pt LevelUp system has any impact. When you are done, you are level or not level. You can be either one, using the system or not. Besides, if you don't like the auto feature, don't hit the 'Auto Level' button! Just go to "Manual Mode" and level it however you want, a jack at a time.

Not arguing. Truly, do it however. I just am not bright.......and can't grasp your concerns.

On the paint, man do I agree. I wish I had gotten it.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:16 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Spock, NOT being argumentative. But you truly have me curious.

What does a residential refrigerator option have to do with level up?? I don't see a connection.........
???

You say the Level Up is not cheap, but you are not going to get a unit without it, I don't think. It'd be like ordering a new Buick but with a standard transmission. Not going to happen. I might be wrong, but bet I'm not.

Decals are available. Orvan has 'em. You can get them.

Only ONE time have I ever had a campsite that lifted one tire off the ground, and that was one tire....... yet you say it's all of yours. Where are you camping??

Lastly..........here's my real curiosity with your thoughts. If you are on an unlevel camping site, what is the difference when you are done leveling, whether you had an automatic level up system or not? I am not able to understand how the 6-pt LevelUp system has any impact. When you are done, you are level or not level. You can be either one, using the system or not. Besides, if you don't like the auto feature, don't hit the 'Auto Level' button! Just go to "Manual Mode" and level it however you want, a jack at a time.

Not arguing. Truly, do it however. I just am not bright.......and can't grasp your concerns.

On the paint, man do I agree. I wish I had gotten it.
The going myth is predicated on the old rv style ammonia based fridges that required a specific amount of "level" in order to operate properly.

New ammonia based rv refrigerators are much more forgiving than their previous era counterparts, but the myth holds tight.

For me, it's one touch leveling or nothing. And I would never consider a logo more important than convenience. I prefer to spend my time drinking beer at my campsite, or be fishing or something
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:15 PM   #70

Quote:
How do you like your Cedar Creek 38FBD? I like the half a bath,
We ordered from the factory and omitted the 1/2 bath. We put a chest freezer in that area. We stay in the same campground for about 3 months during the summer so it is not towed. It is our home away from home.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:42 AM   #71

When we get older we will probably stay in one spot but the reason we like the 38FBD is not having to climb the stairs just to use the bathroom
Old 09-23-2017, 10:25 AM   #72

Did you get the washer/dryer installed
Old 09-24-2017, 12:22 AM   #73

Quote:
Did you get the washer/dryer installed
I'd rather have a mini fridge filled with beer and wine in place of the washer and dryer... but my wife LOVES laundramats... and wine for that matter.. so a win win there
Old 09-24-2017, 06:21 AM   #74

Mini Fridge with Ice maker would be sweet !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 06:26 AM   #75

Very Nice Looking but not Worth the price to us
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 06:40 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
I'd rather have a mini fridge filled with beer and wine in place of the washer and dryer... but my wife LOVES laundramats... and wine for that matter.. so a win win there

On second thought I like your idea
Old 09-24-2017, 06:50 AM   #77

After a few days of traveling our laundry seems to pile up and the stacked unit can not hold a lot of clothes that for us the laundromat is the way to go. I'm that the next camper will be our last so I may look at the full body paint. DW said that's what I say about every camper, it will be our last camper
Old 10-02-2017, 05:25 PM   #78

Quote:
After a few days of traveling our laundry seems to pile up and the stacked unit can not hold a lot of clothes that for us the laundromat is the way to go. I'm that the next camper will be our last so I may look at the full body paint. DW said that's what I say about every camper, it will be our last camper
Ain't that the truth! Mine too.