Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2020, 04:34 PM   #1

Trip to Amish family rv service

So we've been on the road pretty much since August 2nd when we went to Ohio to purchase our 2021 Cedar Creek 36CK2 from Couch's RV nation, which was an easy smooth transaction. I recommend them if you want to save thousands on a new rv. They beat our local dealer by over $12000 and the closet competitor I could find by nearly $5000.Worked our way slowly through several states and mostly Army Corp of Engineers parks to Destin Fl to spend time with family, the beach was great even being the week after hurricane Sally. Left Destin Fl and headed for Amish family rv for our appointment to have a few minor items repaired/adjusted before we head south or maybe southwest for winter. All the excellent reviews I've read about Orvan and his crews knowledge and expertise on Cedar Creeks are true.He found several things I had not noticed including that our main super slide out was installed improperly. During our travels we had decided we wanted the side by side washer & dryer, he provided them & installed for less money than I could purchase just the units for from anywhere else.He also recommended some upgrades that we paid for out of pocket such as welding in 2"by 2" by 1/4"thick steel square tubing to keep both axles in better alignment and provide more stability(noticeable improvement while towing) also added some square aluminum tube bracing all around the skirt metal eliminating any floppy skirt metal.Installed a set of high mount rear taillights(we did a factory tour and noticed they are now installing them on the new units. But I sure Don't like the new graphics. YMMV He also moved our level up controller inside with a keyed latch door so now I'm not concerned with some joker messing with the hydraulic jacks. He also installed gear pack assemblies to eliminate any possible teeth skipping/track jumping on the slide outs. A few other things I've probably forgotten. Also he worked with Selena at CC factory to get all the warranty items addressed quickly including replacing the 2 undersized a/c's that were mistakenly factory installed. That's a subject for another thread I'll detail later about Dometic All in all I was very pleased with the assistance from Cedar Creek (Thanks Selena) and the work done by Orvan and his crew was quick and excellent. Amish family RV service is the standard that all manufacturers and repair service companies should strive for. Well worth the drive to have everything done by such an honest and knowledgeable man and his crew. Be aware we called in early July for an appointment to take our new 5th wheel directly from RV Nation that we purchased August 2nd to Orvan, but the 1st available was October 8th so plan accordingly. Well worth the wait and the drive. Already booked for next July with him, after our trip around the Northern peninsula of Michigan.
2019 Hemisphere GLX 273RL Sold
Teamster4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 05:45 PM   #2

We took our 34IK out last Dec. And had most of the same things done that you did. I agree 100% Orvan and his crew are the best and get the job done right! We are going out on Nov. 9th to pickup our refrigerator door that was damaged from our dealer and Orvan got it covered under warranty. We plan on taking the 8 hour drive out there every 2 years just to have them go over the rig and make sure all is well.
mshenygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 02:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamster4life View Post
So we've been on the road pretty much since August 2nd when we went to Ohio to purchase our 2021 Cedar Creek 36CK2 from Couch's RV nation, which was an easy smooth transaction. I recommend them if you want to save thousands on a new rv. They beat our local dealer by over $12000 and the closet competitor I could find by nearly $5000.Worked our way slowly through several states and mostly Army Corp of Engineers parks to Destin Fl to spend time with family, the beach was great even being the week after hurricane Sally. Left Destin Fl and headed for Amish family rv for our appointment to have a few minor items repaired/adjusted before we head south or maybe southwest for winter. All the excellent reviews I've read about Orvan and his crews knowledge and expertise on Cedar Creeks are true.He found several things I had not noticed including that our main super slide out was installed improperly. During our travels we had decided we wanted the side by side washer & dryer, he provided them & installed for less money than I could purchase just the units for from anywhere else.He also recommended some upgrades that we paid for out of pocket such as welding in 2"by 2" by 1/4"thick steel square tubing to keep both axles in better alignment and provide more stability(noticeable improvement while towing) also added some square aluminum tube bracing all around the skirt metal eliminating any floppy skirt metal.Installed a set of high mount rear taillights(we did a factory tour and noticed they are now installing them on the new units. But I sure Don't like the new graphics. YMMV He also moved our level up controller inside with a keyed latch door so now I'm not concerned with some joker messing with the hydraulic jacks. He also installed gear pack assemblies to eliminate any possible teeth skipping/track jumping on the slide outs. A few other things I've probably forgotten. Also he worked with Selena at CC factory to get all the warranty items addressed quickly including replacing the 2 undersized a/c's that were mistakenly factory installed. That's a subject for another thread I'll detail later about Dometic All in all I was very pleased with the assistance from Cedar Creek (Thanks Selena) and the work done by Orvan and his crew was quick and excellent. Amish family RV service is the standard that all manufacturers and repair service companies should strive for. Well worth the drive to have everything done by such an honest and knowledgeable man and his crew. Be aware we called in early July for an appointment to take our new 5th wheel directly from RV Nation that we purchased August 2nd to Orvan, but the 1st available was October 8th so plan accordingly. Well worth the wait and the drive. Already booked for next July with him, after our trip around the Northern peninsula of Michigan.

We had one undersized ac on our 2020.5 37mbh...I feel your pain. I’m really starting to think this is a fairly common issue that most people just aren’t aware of. Luckily CC stepped up (sloooooowly) and rectified situation. Glad you had a great experience!
TruckDriver1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver1973 View Post
We had one undersized ac on our 2020.5 37mbh...I feel your pain. I’m really starting to think this is a fairly common issue that most people just aren’t aware of. Luckily CC stepped up (sloooooowly) and rectified situation. Glad you had a great experience!
TruckDriver... was your undersized unit installed on the front or back? We have the same issue on the front unit... already have an appointment for May 21' with Orvan... a couple of minor issues and some adjustments needed... but we love our 37MBH!

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
2020 F350 Powerstroke Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab
Northern NJ - God Bless America!
dieselbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:20 AM   #5

Orvan and his crew are the best, we use them for our River Stone as our first choice. The service center at Shipshewana is great as well plus they are a warranty shop for the River Stone line. I think Amish Family is also trying to become a approved shop for warranty with River Stone also.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 09:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselbobcat View Post
TruckDriver... was your undersized unit installed on the front or back? We have the same issue on the front unit... already have an appointment for May 21' with Orvan... a couple of minor issues and some adjustments needed... but we love our 37MBH!

Ours was in the front...should have been 15k, but was 13.5k. They ended up sending us a 15k heat pump at no charge and I just installed it myself. Took some major bitching and complaining, but eventually they came through. Very happy.
TruckDriver1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 09:56 PM   #7

X2X2 on Orvan.

Have had mine to him twice and he has done excellent work. Easy to work with and an individual that you can trust what he says. Generally always go with his recommendations. He is a 20 on a scale of 1 to 10.

I will also take mine back to him every couple of years so he can check over everything.

I am lucky in that he is roughly only 3 1/2 hours away (time change though so it's like 4 1/2 there 2 1/2 home), so I take it to them the day before and I am home that evening (no overnight stay either way).

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 12:09 PM   #8
TNFarmer26

Amish Rv email

Anyone who has been to Amish RV have their email address? I spoke with Jolisa a couple weeks back and the email she gave me is coming back undeliverable. Called their phone and they are closed until Jan 11th. Am trying to email her with some info she requested. If you do not want to publicly post then send me a private message.

TN Farmer
TNFarmer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 01:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFarmer26 View Post
Anyone who has been to Amish RV have their email address? I spoke with Jolisa a couple weeks back and the email she gave me is coming back undeliverable. Called their phone and they are closed until Jan 11th. Am trying to email her with some info she requested. If you do not want to publicly post then send me a private message.

TN Farmer
This is the email I used for Jolisa back in March - jolisadawnfry@icloud.com

Let me know if this still works.

Good luck and be safe

2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Old 12-22-2020, 01:52 PM   #10
TNFarmer26

Amish Rv email

Thank you Littlebill,

The email worked for me. I had an "S" instead of an "F".
TNFarmer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 03:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFarmer26 View Post
Thank you Littlebill,

The email worked for me. I had an "S" instead of an "F".
NP - Glad could help.

Old 01-12-2021, 12:19 PM   #12

13.5K BTU Front

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver1973 View Post
Ours was in the front...should have been 15k, but was 13.5k. They ended up sending us a 15k heat pump at no charge and I just installed it myself. Took some major bitching and complaining, but eventually they came through. Very happy.
I'm hoping you could pass along who you spoke with at Cedar Creek to get it taken care of? I too discovered I have a 13.5K unit on the front, and it doesn't keep up in the summer, the bedroom gets uncomfortably warm.

I contacted Cedar Creek via the website and they immediately said to contact the dealer. I know how this is going to play out, as the dealer already tried to charge me a diagnostic fee because they say there's nothing wrong with the A/C. Any advice you could pass along would be great. Thank you!
mmock12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:52 AM   #13

I am so happy I found this repair place. I purchased a used silverback and made the appointment. I am here today and did the walkthrough yesterday. He knows what to look for and where the problems are. Like others I am getting many items upgraded, fixed, strengthened. Cross bars for the axle, kit to keep slide gears from jumping, better tail lights, etc.
it’s a shame one has to travel together and receive great service. If you have a cedar creek, don’t pass this place by. He knows these units and goes over your unit until you are satisfied.
Old 02-23-2021, 02:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmusa View Post
I am so happy I found this repair place. I purchased a used silverback and made the appointment. I am here today and did the walkthrough yesterday. He knows what to look for and where the problems are. Like others I am getting many items upgraded, fixed, strengthened. Cross bars for the axle, kit to keep slide gears from jumping, better tail lights, etc.
it’s a shame one has to travel together and receive great service. If you have a cedar creek, don’t pass this place by. He knows these units and goes over your unit until you are satisfied.
x2

Old 02-23-2021, 08:13 PM   #15

Our 34IK is there now getting a few things done. This is our 2nd trip out to Orvan and worth the 10 hour trip.
mshenygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 11:08 AM   #16

I have read so much good about Orvan if I ever have any big issues with our now old 2011 CC Touring Edition I will take the drive from PA to there. Took my 2007 36 RDQS out there to Indiana to get decals removed and entire 5th painted. Did not go so good off hand I forget that repair places name now.

Thinking about a new roof on the 2011 CC is I do will take it out to Orvan I guess they would do that.

Anyway like what everyone says about this place.
Brucecav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 01:26 AM   #17
Green Horn

Well we got the call today, camper is finished going out next Friday to pick it up, Orvan sent pictures and video of the finished work
kevin211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 12:31 PM   #18

Hi All,

We have an appointment with Orvan in May for some of his updates and a few small repairs. For those of you that have been there recently, how is Amish Family RV doing with the COVID? I understand that the Amish as a group are not really on board with vaccinations. Is Amish Family RV taking precautions for their customers? Has their workforce been affected?

Hoping that they are all safe and healthy. We have both been fully vaccinated but don't want to pass anything on to others that my not have been vaccinated and don't want to gamble being one of the 5% that the 95% doesn't completely cover.

Thanks for your input.

Tom
Old 04-03-2021, 08:54 PM   #19
Green Horn

No mask, no worries, We made 3 trips out to see him and we are fine
kevin211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:11 PM   #20

Was there a few months ago. No worries, business as usual.

Tags
service