Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2020, 03:11 PM   #21

Pics

here is the location on my 37rth

front basement location to the right and to the right of all the main wiring behind the black plastice shroud.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3427.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	226108   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3428.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	236.2 KB
ID:	226109  
4garylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:01 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
When/if you get to Orvan, tell him about THIS "Bill", me...........and he'll know what to do. He chased my similar problem for 2 years. He replaced pump twice, valves once, 2 rams twice each.....until he finally found it. The ram under the bed was slightly leaking. However, when he found it, he checked the other two that he replaced less than a year before, and one of them was leaking AGAIN.

Leaking rams was the issue. Just couldn't hold pressure. Now all is good, thanks to his persistence. The last time he fixed it, it was just he and Carl, laying on the floor under my unit, at 8 p.m. (way past BOTH of our bedtimes!), replacing rams. But that's what it took. Mine literally fell out driving down the road.

FWIW, the leaks in the rams was not easy to see, and not pouring out. Hard to find. But they were the culprits. I asked Orvan why new rams would leak AGAIN, and he laughed and said "Chinese Crap".

Sort of the same thing we're all having now, huh?
My bedroom slide did come out about 8-10 inches this past Jan on the Interstate. I find that if the dinette slide doesn't start coming in a little when you start to bring the slides in that they will not get locked down. Oravn did replace the bedroom ram last November. I visually looked at all the rams before coming home in March. Did find a drop of fluid on the bedroom ram but nothing to indicate that it was leaking. Didn't find anything on the other two slides to indicate they were leaking.

Great thing about Orvan is that he will take time to talk to try to help you when you are having problems on the road.

Have it scheduled to take it to Orvan Mother's day but with this pandemic I may have to reschedule that again. The Illinois Governor Pritzker has extended the stay at home order to April 30th. Will have to see how things are by then. Trying to do my part by staying home through this.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:12 PM   #23

[QUOTE=MikeRP;2298004]Can someone take a pic of where this relay is located and a part number for a spare?[/QUOTE

The part number is Trombetta 214-1231-A61-06.
Access to mine was through the battery door and located beside the hydraulic pump.
GoonF250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:56 PM   #24

Thanks for the great information everyone! Be Safe!
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote