Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2020, 06:26 PM   #1

Tv antenna

Anyone with a 2020 cedar creek know if there is a knob to turn this antenna or if it is auto? I can’t find anything like my Salem had. Hoping it’s auto lol

Thanks in advance
HappilyLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 06:51 PM   #2

I'd guess if there is no handle on the ceiling approx. under the antenna ... it is an omni-directional antenna. Some reports online from new RV owners are not very complimentary of their performance, but you don't have to worry about driving away from a campground with your batwing still sticking up.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 07:21 PM   #3

The stock TV antenna is a piece of wire wrapped around a plastic loop, it is omni directional. It will work fine in metro areas where signal strength is strong. In more rural or county settings it's pretty much worthless. Mine met the dumpster the second day I had it, replaced it with the good ol' trusty Winegard Sensar IV Antenna and Sensar Pro amp. This past week while out in the country of TN I was able to pull stations that were confirmed to be 56 miles out through trees. Not bad, no plastic disc is going to do that on it's best day.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 06:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappilyLost View Post
Anyone with a 2020 cedar creek know if there is a knob to turn this antenna or if it is auto? I can’t find anything like my Salem had. Hoping it’s auto lol

Thanks in advance

It is auto. Make sure the booster is turned on...usually behind the tv in the den. If your site has cable and you’re using it vs antenna, make sure to turn booster off or it will interfere with the signal and it’ll look snowy.
TruckDriver1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 07:03 PM   #5

Not sure what is on mine but it's shaped like an arrow and it's worthless. I sure miss my old crank up bat wing antenna.
Sunseeker16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseeker16 View Post
Not sure what is on mine but it's shaped like an arrow and it's worthless. I sure miss my old crank up bat wing antenna.

Sounds like the King Antenna. All those so called HD Antennas are pretty useless unless you're in close to transmission towers. The only really good distance RV antenna is the Winegard Sensar IV.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna