Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2020, 12:56 PM   #1

Used 2019 34IK

Hello,
My wife and I came across a 2019 Cedar Creek 34IK over the weekend. It appears to have never been used at all. The story is that the owner bought it, took it home, became anxious about towing/parking the rig. He then brought it to another dealer and traded it in on a Motorhome.

The selling dealer is not a Cedar Creek dealer (Jayco/Winnabago).

I have a lot of questions but I'd like to start with this one.
Did they change the length of the 34IK from 2019 to 2020? The Cedar Creek website lists the length of a 2020 as being 37' 1". However, I did a search and found a 2019 brochure that lists the 34IK as being 37' 6".

Also, the fresh water holding tank went from 69 gallons in the 202 to 57 gallons in the 2019.

Can someone here help with these questions?
Thanks
-Chuck
chuck5395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 05:34 PM   #2

I know my 2020 36ck2 hathaway has the flat back wall instead of the rear fiberglass cap (which looks nicer). Think they switched back n 2019. Maybe that is the length difference.
wayne272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 04:35 PM   #3

If it has never been used try to get some kind of warranty from the dealer. A lot of problems are discovered on the first couple of trips out and that trailer will no longer have the factory warranty. If you can't get them to give you a warranty do a very thorough PDI or hire a mobile serviceman to do a PDI for you. It may be money well spent.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by srosey View Post
If it has never been used try to get some kind of warranty from the dealer. A lot of problems are discovered on the first couple of trips out and that trailer will no longer have the factory warranty. If you can't get them to give you a warranty do a very thorough PDI or hire a mobile serviceman to do a PDI for you. It may be money well spent.

Completely agree 100%. We had issues with our new 33IK when we took it out for the first few times. That 1 year warranty goes fast!
Member Travel Resorts of America
Retired and adventurous!
Bbfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 01:13 PM   #5

We have a 2019 CC 34IK. Forest River Cedar Creek will begin with a new model say 2019 sometime mid 2018, about half way through the model year designation will change to 2019 1/2 and continue until they change to 2020. Along the way due to availability of components, dealer and customer feedback, worker feedback, convenience, cost, or whim of the moment changes will be made to varying parts of an individual unit. This results in our 2019 34IK being different from another. IF you decide to purchase.....as others indicate inspect and test until you are sure everything works. I understand that at the Goshen rally FRCC has factory reps that will perform some work at no cost on newer out of warantee units. Good luck.
Pete usn ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete usn ret View Post
We have a 2019 CC 34IK. Forest River Cedar Creek. I understand that at the Goshen rally FRCC has factory reps that will perform some work at no cost on newer out of warantee units. Good luck.
The policy at the Goshen rally for getting service work done is now original owner and limited to factory warrantee timeline.

Best bet if the selling dealer doesn't want to do the work is to find a good independent RV repair facility, or mobile tech, that will work with FR. Better work usually and a heck of a lot quicker, generally.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:20 AM   #7

I'm sure I'm too late on this response, but just saw this post today. The length change is real. They eliminated the rear square bumper mid year 2020 which accounts for the 5" reduction.

Our 2020 34IK was built in spring 2019 and had the bumper which we use to store a spare sewer hose and to mount a clothesline. We also have a hose storage tube mount underneath which is less convenient.

Did you wind up getting the 34IK?
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote