Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2015, 05:58 AM   #1

Vent Cover

Which Maxx Air vent cover is best for the bathroom fan on the 29 re? Maxx Air II or fanmate?
offduty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:12 AM   #2

I like the look of the Maxx-Air fan/mate better but they are a few bucks more than the Max 11 so I would pony up the bucks for looks.

Your money!
Your unit!
Your call.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:53 AM   #3
Certified Curmudgeon

Expanding your short list, I used these on my 36CKTS:
Item
They were less $ (almost 4 years ago) and the lid unscrews seperately from the mounting base for easy cleaning & service. They also work well on the super fans.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:15 AM   #4
WFD

Some will tell you the MaxAir11 restricts air too much, doesn't allow the vent cover to fully open, etc.. I installed 3 MaxAir11's on our rig last year, works great, lots of air flow. Would I get a bit more having a Fanmate? Perhaps...but the MaxAir11 is moving more than enough and best of all...it was a simple install without having to remove screws from the roof flange and having to re-caulk. I was not interested in playing around with drilling holes in the roof and re-caulking.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:01 AM   #5

My vote is for the Maxx Air II. We have one over our bath fan and no, it doesn't allow the vent to open all the way but enough to move air. No need to spend the extra $ on the fanmate IMHO. Here's a link to a video installation of the MaxxAir II.
Airxcel | Maxxair | Maxxair II
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
My vote is for the Maxx Air II. We have one over our bath fan and no, it doesn't allow the vent to open all the way but enough to move air. No need to spend the extra $ on the fanmate IMHO. Here's a link to a video installation of the MaxxAir II.
Airxcel | Maxxair | Maxxair II
We are in this corner! Installed (3) Max Air 2 on our V-Lite Years ago (100% Satisfied) and pull (2) pins to clean units! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Expanding your short list, I used these on my 36CKTS:
Item
They were less $ (almost 4 years ago) and the lid unscrews seperately from the mounting base for easy cleaning & service. They also work well on the super fans.

I got these covers and the color I got matches the camper, I had bought the covers before I got the camper and Tom Johnson installed them for free

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, vent