Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #1

Want to install Large holding tanks on 5th wheel

My familys camping style is home away from home, water wise anyways. We go thought lots of water everyday and the 65 gal. fresh and 65 gal grey is not working. Ive been using a 55 gal. portable tank in the back of my truck to refill the trailer when needed. This works great but, the grey has to go somewhere......What I was hoping was to install an additional tanks for the fresh and grey tanks ( +/- 100 Gal. Each ). I've never been under this trailer yet and living in Canada I wont be for a few months. I was wondering if there would be room for extra tanks. I have a 2007 Silverback by Cedar Creek 31LBHBS 5th wheel.
Thanks
Swinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #2

One word answer, NOPE!
Is there a place you can dump the gray water? If so simply get a blue tote tank and dump once a day and carry the gray water to the dump station. You also need to learn how to conserve water when camping with no hookups. DW and I can go about 5 days on our onboard water supply.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:34 PM   #3

I only have 40 gal fresh water, 36 gray, 36 black. We can go a week or longer if necessary. unless your boondocking use camp ground facilities.
jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:09 AM   #4

Have to agree with the others, just learn to use less water.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:26 AM   #5
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

You would need to take down the under belly and measure between the frame rails and cross beams to get an idea of the size tank you can add. Then order the tanks along with 4 bulkhead fittings and appropriate size hose to join the new tank to the old. Joining the tanks (old grey to the new grey) will eliminate any other kind of headaches with plumbing. You may also need to bore a hole through a cross beam to join the tanks via hose.
Or just put in a valve before your water pump to switch between auxillary tank or original tank to draw fresh water from.
Rather simple really. Black water, I would not mess with.
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #6

If you end up putting one of those large tanks toward the rear of the camper, and travel with it full, you will probably bend the frame.
But if you insist on doing it, go for it.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel