Originally Posted by Shipper
Spray them with silicone...won't solve length problems, but will make them easier to pull.
Since the cables are similar to a bike cable I imagine it would be difficult to get any spray inside the cable that is protected with a vinyl covering.
My Sprinter based motorhome is about 7 feet wide. When I needed to replace the valve I ordered a 6 foot long cable. Surprisingly it was shorter than the old one and a tad too short but we just made it reach. Unfortunately that "fix" did not work and I had to replace both valves and cables. This time we were able to get 1 8 foot cable and reused the original 8' cable. The original cables were actually too long and were looped around to take up the excess. It took a couple of tries before we got them to work smoothly.
If your cables have excess my advise to you would to cut the wire ties holding the cables up and experiment with re-routing the cables so they work easily. Or I think the cables can be shortened to the exact length your RV needs. Maybe check with a bike shop about this. They may have more experience with shortening cables and making them work easily.