Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2020, 03:01 PM   #1

Water tank

2018 Cedar Creek 37rl
Bought Rv new in 2018 and first time I have tried to use the water tank.

Yesterday evening my Rv park said that the water would be shut off today to work on lines. So I had a bright idea why don’t I put some water in my water tank so I can take a shower or use the potty.

Went outside and turned water valve from city to fill water tank. I just turned the water valve 1/2 way not full blast. Went inside and monitored the level gauge. Gauge showed 1/4 then 1/2 then there was Big Bang and I could see the center island jump up.
ran out side and shut the water off. Inside the Rv the floor around the center island was pushed up about
3” to 4”. The wall that separates the kitchen from the living space plywood was separated from the wall.
Went outside to try to drain water tank with the 1/4 inch valve just dripped. So went back inside and turned on the water pump and opened up kitchen faucet, bathroom faucet and shower faucet full blast.
Tank drained and floor laid back down.
NOW the center island moves when you walk by it.
also there is a soft spot where you walk to living room area.
Looks like to me that there was no overflow or the overflow line when installed was kinked. Poor workmanship from forest river and no qc’s.
Im am really pissed off. Just too fill me water tank so I can take a shower cost me money to fix right.
Now the the floor joists are bent or broke off.
you all know that it will never be right again.

So many problems with this Rv. So many.
samgann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water, water tank