Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2019, 09:41 AM   #1

Weboost on TV Anetenna

Has anyone attached the weboost Omnidirectional antenna onto the TV antenna?
I have the kind of TV antenna that cranks up, with a rotational adjustment inside the trailer. I am wondering if the reception of one signal will interfere with the reception of the other signal, especially if I press the tiny little TV antenna booster button.

Secondly, has anyone used the pre-wired satellite connection to carry the weboost cell signal from the outside to the inside of the rig?
Thanks
CC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC75 View Post
Has anyone attached the weboost Omnidirectional antenna onto the TV antenna?
I have the kind of TV antenna that cranks up, with a rotational adjustment inside the trailer. I am wondering if the reception of one signal will interfere with the reception of the other signal, especially if I press the tiny little TV antenna booster button.
I would not as the aluminum in the head & mast would most likely act as a reflector and turn a omnidirectional cell antenna into a somewhat directional one at best. Keep in mind you must have at least 20' of horizontal separation between in the inside & outside antennas or you will have problems (internal oscillation).
I have mine attached to the rear ladder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC75 View Post
Secondly, has anyone used the pre-wired satellite connection to carry the weboost cell signal from the outside to the inside of the rig?
Thanks
Yes works just fine. i installed mine that way 2 seasons ago.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote