Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2014, 06:57 AM   #1

Wet carpet

I don't know why I cannot insert this picture, but you can click on the link and see it. Anyway, we traveled about 6 hours yesterday in the rain. When we opened the slides, we noticed the linoleum floor under the slide on the right side (passenger side) was wet and the carpet was soaking wet. See the circled area on the pic. This is the leading end of the slide and the wet carpet is about 5 feet back from the front of the slide.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1157339...95653007528882

I don't see any obvious damage or wear on any seals and it looks like the slide goes in all the way.
Anyone else have this happen and did you find the cause?

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:39 AM   #2

We had this problem on a previous trailer we owned. It turned out to be the caulking just above the slideout. ( not the roof to side caulking ) It looked fine from the ground, but intense scrutiny let it be shown.

Good luck,
Don
dmdrj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:09 AM   #3

Mine did once but the carpet was just damp. Took towels and walked on them. Barely got them wet just fan and electric heater to dry it out. It was only at the ends of the dr side slide. Had gone thru several miles of construction with standing water against the barrier.

When I came north this year it came a huge downpour for about 30 miles but all the carpet was dry.

Not sure if the steady spray and slinging of water from the tires got water to seep in but it was only that one time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:19 AM   #4
CCRVOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_GA View Post
I don't know why I cannot insert this picture, but you can click on the link and see it. Anyway, we traveled about 6 hours yesterday in the rain. When we opened the slides, we noticed the linoleum floor under the slide on the right side (passenger side) was wet and the carpet was soaking wet. See the circled area on the pic. This is the leading end of the slide and the wet carpet is about 5 feet back from the front of the slide.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1157339...95653007528882

I don't see any obvious damage or wear on any seals and it looks like the slide goes in all the way.
Anyone else have this happen and did you find the cause?
Joe, I have never had that happen and it always amazes me (and thankful) after we drive through the rain that nothing gets wet. I know you said the seals look good, but I'd double check the floor seal on the bottom of the slide floor and the frame to see if any debris got swept between the two. I'm interested what you find out. Happy Travels !

Good luck

George
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB, 4x4, 3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20, TST507, Garmin RV760, Sleek 4g
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 1000w Solar, TriStar MPPT 60, Magnum 2000w, PI EMS, WiFi Ranger Elite, Sleek 4g, Wingard DTV Traveler
Retired Army in 1995, and now retired in 2016
Ramblin Recks is offline   Reply With Quote