Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2018, 04:32 PM   #1

What type of roof do we have?

I am trying to figure out the proper care procedures for the roof of our 2018 34RL2. The specs for this camper say it has a 2 ply Tuff Ply roof which is an Alpha systems TPO material as best I can figure out, however, the documents package received has a flyer about Brite TEC roof by Dicor. I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot but it would be nice to know. Anyone know?
cub22908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:06 PM   #2

TPO is the most used roofing type on TT... I am not sure what TEC means but a google search provided no help as far as a different type of roof. Previous to TPO a type called EPDM has prevalent, but so much anymore. Look here for more info...
https://rvingwithmarkpolk.com/2016/0...oof-do-i-have/

Washing the roof with a mild soap solution such as Spic and Span, Ajax or Murphy and a light bristle brush is all that is really needed. Use lots of water to flush the roof and wash any dirt off the sides of your RV. Some people apply 303 UV Protectant, but most do not.

Keep an eye on the Dicor sealant for cracks and getting loose every 3 months and keep your roof warranty valid. Repair replace as necessary and your roof should last a long time.

Many on here including me apply Eternabond tape OVER the applied Dicor caulk on the seams, front, back and sides for a minimum of 10 years before any other sealant needs to be used. Check out this post...
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...nce-90060.html

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:17 PM   #3
Just as confused as you

I'm not familiar with the Dicor BriteTEK other than it is Dicor's name for TPO roofing. It seems to be a combination of EPDM (rubber) and TPO (thermoplastic olefin). You will find what you want to know here; https://dicorproducts.com/product/br...of-membrane-2/, click on the Care tab.

If it's anything like Alpha Systems TPO it will be very slick when you wash it. I suggest you get a pair of dock shoes to use when on the roof while it's wet.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:22 PM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Call the factory. They'll tell you exactly what it is and point you to how to care for it. They were happy to do it for me with my Alpha TPO roof.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '18=51 '19=58 '20=110 '21=94
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof