Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2016, 10:43 AM   #21

Just got a bid from C/W for $475.00 to install washer/dryer. I really want to install myself but DW is apprehensive about me doing the install. The price is good for the washer/dryer itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:15 AM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

$1142.99 and free shipping on Amazon for the combo unit, model 2100xc. We have it and like it. May take a little longer and doesn't do as big of a load, but it works for us.

AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 02:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
$1142.99 and free shipping on Amazon for the combo unit, model 2100xc. We have it and like it. May take a little longer and doesn't do as big of a load, but it works for us.

Sorry I'm not interested in a combo, I know a combo works for some people but I want a stackable washer/dryer. I want a vented unit, and a hole has to be cut for that. DW is a little apprehensive about me cutting the hole, I'm like Tim the tool man on tv.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:20 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Sorry I'm not interested in a combo, I know a combo works for some people but I want a stackable washer/dryer. I want a vented unit, and a hole has to be cut for that. DW is a little apprehensive about me cutting the hole, I'm like Tim the tool man on tv.

We are happy with the stackable. You can be drying a load while you start the next one. The washer takes about an hour and 19 minutes to complete and a good hour in the dryer.
If you want to come to NW Arkansa, I'll be glad to install it for you and use you as the laborer!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:33 AM   #25
wls

the install went easier then I thought it would go. Scariest part putting the hole in the wall.
2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, Cummins. Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter, 36 Gal aux fuel tank. Mag Hytec Trans pan. Mag Hytec Diff Pan. 6 speed autostick. 3:73, Timbrens, Smarty JR. Equipped.
2016 Cedar Creek 38FB2, Hydra Star disc brakes,
400 watt Rich solar on top,200 watts of suitcase
wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:06 AM   #26

Congrats, WLS!

Sure would appreciate if you would elaborate on how you cut the hole in the wall. Also, what did you use to do the deed?

Thanks much.

God Bless,
David & Cathy

2015 Trilogy 38FL
2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW
Trailersaver TS-3 Hitch on B&W Platform
dwilhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:36 AM   #27

Here's some pictures I took when I installed my washer and dryer. Unfortunately, I didn't take any of the hole cutting, but one pic shows the internal location and others show the external. I know this is very close to where the factory would have cut the hole, so why was there a 120 volt AC wire running through that area?

https://picasaweb.google.com/1157339...6/WasherDryer#

Congrats WLS. Did you run into any wires?

Old 07-26-2016, 10:22 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_GA View Post
Here's some pictures I took when I installed my washer and dryer. Unfortunately, I didn't take any of the hole cutting, but one pic shows the internal location and others show the external. I know this is very close to where the factory would have cut the hole, so why was there a 120 volt AC wire running through that area?

https://picasaweb.google.com/1157339...6/WasherDryer#

Congrats WLS. Did you run into any wires?

The closet where I have to put the washer/dryer in is tight, I'll only have two or three inches to spare. Question, do stack the units together before you put them in the closet? Do you fasten the unit to the floor?

Old 07-26-2016, 10:50 AM   #29

I had all kinds of room on the left side of my units and I put the washer in first. Had everything done with it and then put the dryer on top of the washer. However, I have all kinds of room on the left side of my units. You can also see the hold down brackets in one of the pics. They are a bit weird in that they only hold down the front mounts. I thought I would attach some sort of restraining bracket at the top of the dryer, but never got a Round-2-It! Let's face it, you are not going to accelerate fast enough to throw it down!

Old 07-26-2016, 11:03 AM   #30
wls

I installed the washer first, hooked all the hoses up, screwed down the washer with the brackets that come with it. I bought a 4" bi-metal hole saw from HD, the kind with a pilot drill bit in it also. My CC was pre marked, (Drill Here), so I went from the inside first, right to where the pilot bit went thru the gel coat on the outside. I then went outside, put the pilot bit in the hole it made from the inside, drilled till I was thru. Only thing is I went thru a stud, not my fault, because I went by where they said to drill. (I am going to show the dealer incase something happens down the road. I was also thinking of contacting someone at the factory to let them know of any future rigs they mark.) I hooked up the dryer vent that goes on the outside. Then I carried the dryer up to the area it was to go, lifted it up on the washer, hooked it up to the mounts that go on the washer. I put the 90 degree elbow on the dryer before I lifted on washer. I put the hose on and clamped it all tight, and was done with the install.
2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, Cummins. Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter, 36 Gal aux fuel tank. Mag Hytec Trans pan. Mag Hytec Diff Pan. 6 speed autostick. 3:73, Timbrens, Smarty JR. Equipped.
2016 Cedar Creek 38FB2, Hydra Star disc brakes,
400 watt Rich solar on top,200 watts of suitcase
wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:25 PM   #31

Let me send you a picture of what I have to work with. Right now there are shelves in the space now which will have to come out. It's going to be close. I'm going to have to stack both together before I put the unit inClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1469553879.057287.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	115353Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1469553902.267218.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	115355Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1469553921.998557.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	115356

Old 07-26-2016, 04:27 PM   #32

I have a Cedar Creek 38CK. It is pre plumbed for a washer hookup. My concern that the location for the washer dryer is located in the same slide that the head of the bed is in. This slide is the notorious Shwintek slide! Would this be too much weight for the slide to handle?
CTGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:15 PM   #33

Quote:
Let me send you a picture of what I have to work with. Right now there are shelves in the space now which will have to come out. It's going to be close. I'm going to have to stack both together before I put the unit in
Wow! That is a bit more difficult than mine. Not impossible, but it can be done. You'll have to have the dryer vent done and the hose secured up high. Assuming you will use a drip pan, like I did. You will need to get it installed with a drain pipe run. Then, slide in the washer and hook it up. Then, you will need help. The dryer will need to be positioned near the opening and the vent hoe hooked up. Then mount it to the top of the washer.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:28 PM   #34

In a stackable washer/dryer don't the dryer has to be fastened to the washer? I would think that in my case you have to fasten both units together and then slide both units in at the same time. I would think you fasten them together at the back. I would think if you just sit the dryer on top of the washer the dryer might slide off. Now I have never installed one, I don't know I'm just asking

Old 07-26-2016, 07:58 PM   #35

Even on mine, I secured the washer first. The dryer slides into the rear mount and then screws secure the front of the dryer to the washer. See the pic below.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:25 PM   #36

Thanks a lot

Old 07-29-2016, 11:39 AM   #37

I'm going to Camping World today and look at the vent kit and see if I can put the vent last. I called Cedar Creek today and the man I talked to said he didn't know. I left a message with Denise Davis as they are not working today or Monday. I asked the person I talked to that since I was going to the factory in October for front cap replacement could they install the washer/dryer, he said ask Denise. It's worth a shot, all they can say is no.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:50 AM   #38

Quote:
I'm going to Camping World today and look at the vent kit and see if I can put the vent last. I called Cedar Creek today and the man I talked to said he didn't know. I left a message with Denise Davis as they are not working today or Monday. I asked the person I talked to that since I was going to the factory in October for front cap replacement could they install the washer/dryer, he said ask Denise. It's worth a shot, all they can say is no.

I don't understand. What does "put the vent last" mean? I hope the factory will install the units for you, but don't get your hopes up.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:54 AM   #39

By the way, even though the RV dryers don't get as hot as home units, I would not use the plastic vent hose. Do a Google search on dryer fires. Anyway, use the aluminum hose. Some dryer hose looks like metal, but is plastic, so don't be fooled.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:28 PM   #40

It's worth a shot about getting the factory to put it in. There is no room between the side of the washer/dryer and the side of camper, maybe 2 inches, no way to hook up the vent hose from the inside. I can hook the vent on the dryer up but there is almost no way to hook that vent hose to the outside vent hose. There is only 3/4 of a inch on top after the dryer is installed and about 3 inches on the water hose side of the washer and less than 2 inches on the other side. This is what I plan to do is set the unit in with the vent hose hooked up to the dryer and then reach through the hole and pull the dryer vent hose out and attach the dryer vent hose to the vent pipe and then put the vent back in and glue everything back up and caulk everything