Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #1

What washer & dryer will fit in the bedroom closet of my 2007 Cedar Creek 5th wheel?

We recently bought this camper and it has the hook-ups in the bedroom closet for a washer/dryer but we don't know if we can use only a specific type, or if we can buy a regular stackable unit. I see some of the prices for the RV stores units and that is way more than we can afford to pay but we often see stackable units on Craig's list for a much more reasonable price. Can we use a regular stackable unit or do we have to buy from and RV store a specific size and model?
kerjo530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerjo530 View Post
We recently bought this camper and it has the hook-ups in the bedroom closet for a washer/dryer but we don't know if we can use only a specific type, or if we can buy a regular stackable unit. I see some of the prices for the RV stores units and that is way more than we can afford to pay but we often see stackable units on Craig's list for a much more reasonable price. Can we use a regular stackable unit or do we have to buy from and RV store a specific size and model?
I would think if it can fit in the door you should be able to use it.
Just make sure you can hook the vent and water pipes.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerjo530 View Post
RV specific machines are made, also for small apartments. They are much smaller than household and both work from 110 VAC. If you have limited vertical space there is a combo unit also available. There are a few manuf., Camping World carries a few. You can go on line and get the dimensions needed. Ariston sold by Splende is very popular by RV manufacturers.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #4
Certified Curmudgeon

Check out Haier brand. Hold more than RV models, cost less than half. If you can line dry, just a washer will fit in the front garage
an you will get less vibration from that location. The wiring is directly above and the plumbing directly behind making that install fairly easy. They are available from Wally Mart and other box stores in a few sizes.

For a different dryer idea:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008XM...599626-1921359

That will allow room for a top load washer like this: http://m.target.com/p/haier-compact-...e/-/A-10998853

Most folks I know are not happy with ventless dryer units.

If you know the model of your Creek some folks can give you unit specific info that may be more appropriate.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:46 PM   #5

Check your measurements on the space opening and then the unit your looking at. Make sure it will fit not only through door ways but behind the space in the bedroom. You will need both units to operate on 110v. Most small apartment units should fit but double check to be sure.
As for the dryer vent if not already installed check to see where the manufacturer recommends it is placed...you wouldn't want to accidentally cut a water or power line.
Make sure you attach the unit to the floor with screws or retaining brackets cause it will want to move when your cruising down the road and the last thing you want is a unit to fly around..!

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:49 AM   #6

I just recently installed the Splendide stackable models in my CC. Like others said, measure! These and other apartment size washer / dryers are usually 24 inches wide and close to that in depth. The Haier brand is Chinese, I think. I always say, you get what you pay for. I am soooo impressed with how quiet and smooth the Splendide units operate. Yes, they are expensive. However, if you want to go cheaper, try a good brand name. I remember someone that told me they had Kenmore and were happy with their performance. Remember, a happy wife makes a happy life!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #7

Wife wanted one for our 36RE and she got it, biggest mistake we have ever made for the RV. Not worth the trouble or the weight. Takes hours to wash and dry cheaper and faster to find a laundry mate and forget it. Know others who love them but most people I have meet over the years say it was just a waste of time and money and giving up that much weight just was not worth it..
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote