Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2019, 10:12 PM   #1

Winter Tire Maintenance

Storing my 2019 Cedar Creek 36ck2 in a heated garage with concrete floor. Tires are at max 110psi. Keep in mind its been there for 12 months now without it moving. I assume it will sit another 6 months till next spring.

1. Should I lift or partially lift rv with 6 point leveling system to take some or all weight off tires?
2. Should I move trailer occasionally to avoid flat spots. I'm told flat spots happened on older bias-belt tires, not new radials.
3. Should I take rv for a ride occasionally to flex tires?

I am trying to get to a point between neglect and ridiculous overkill.
Thanks much.
acvp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 08:14 AM   #2

I don't think these modern 14 PR tires have issues with flat spotting, or at least my research has not found any problems to that extent. However, I do tend to lean toward the ridiculous overkill as stated above by storing our 36CK2 on jack stands with the rubber just barely touching the concrete. If you store for several months inside a building you have a perfect opportunity to work on the under belly of the camper, and believe me, once to start removing the panels you'll find lots of small details that need attention, i.e., insulation adjustments, securing the auto level device, zip tie & wire loom, lubricate the bare metal slide mechanisms, tightening straps on the water tanks, and adding additional belly panel supports. Do it now before the problems pop up next season.

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maintenance, tire, winter