Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2018, 07:37 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
My Micowave is on a 20 amp breaker from the factory, the specks to it call for 17 amps running on high, dont know where you git a 15 amp breaker from? I would venture all FR units come with a 20 amp breaker homerun circuit. I guess I can take a picture of the speck sheet and post it if you want, just let me know, better then that look it up on the internet.
Oh yes, i forgot, i dont have my 5th wheel anymore, but even my new M/H Coachmen has a 20 amp breaker for the micowave/convection oven. Look it up on line.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:28 AM   #62

Quote:
Oh yes, i forgot, i dont have my 5th wheel anymore, but even my new M/H Coachmen has a 20 amp breaker for the micowave/convection oven. Look it up on line.
The convection oven is the reason for the 20 amp circuit. Like everything
RV. The devil is in the details.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:41 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
The convection oven is the reason for the 20 amp circuit.
Had a 20 amp in my FR Rockwood 8289 WS. Ask any owner, that was the unit I was referring to ask any owner of a 8289ws they will confirm. 20 amp homerun circuit.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:42 AM   #64

I'm not defending any post I have made to the OP they have been correct, now you have a nice day , stay safe

Old 06-15-2018, 09:08 AM   #65

my Whirlpool convection oven/microwave is on a 15amp circuit, within the Inverter sub panel.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:14 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
You can run a wire thru the floor with a plug on it outside. Run a separate extension to the pedestal and plug into the ped 20 amp outlet. Problem solved. no management needed.
Oh yes, I'm sure I'll take your advice on electrical, here is your post quoted, saying it is safe to run a a.c. like this, but you will question amperage, give me a break, the devil is in the details how do you know what microwave, or microwave/ convection oven I had in my trailer? Thank you.

Old 06-15-2018, 12:05 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
my Whirlpool convection oven/microwave is on a 15amp circuit, within the Inverter sub panel.
Don't tell witch doctor. He's on a roll.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:24 AM   #68

FWIW, my FW has both A/C units (factory installed) on the same 50A breaker. I thought that was odd, but it has worked with no apparent problem.
2024 Winnebago Minnie 2327TB B&W Continuum Hitch
racer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:57 PM   #69

If you don't have a third AC you wouldn't have a breaker for it. Ours have a third AC and a dishwasher and that takes up the spare breaker.
maxxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:21 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyjj View Post
Mine was prewired for a 2nd unit. On the ceiling in the front bedroom near the roof vent was a plastic junction box. My son in law and I put the 2nd unit in just a little over a month ago. Took a little to.e but an easy install.
Was the hole fabricated or did you have to make it? If factory hole, was it forward or aft of prewire box, thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forest River Forums mobile app
Fowlplayfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:13 PM   #71

Quote:
I doubt if it came perwired, just to make sure you understand, you can not run all 3 at the same time, as stated above all units with 3 a.c. has to have a power management system, that will choose which 2 can be ran at the same time. I'm sure you can Jerry rig something if want to take the chance on your electrical, i wouldn't recommend playing around with your panel.
Ours has 3 AC and a power management system. Our neighbor at the campground added a third AC with it's own thermostat without a power management system. When he turns on his third AC, it knocks power out to ours as we also have a EMS on our plug. I draws so many amps and without an EMS on his plug or in his breaker box, he will probably burn it to the ground someday.
maxxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 05:08 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxtc View Post
Ours has 3 AC and a power management system. Our neighbor at the campground added a third AC with it's own thermostat without a power management system. When he turns on his third AC, it knocks power out to ours as we also have a EMS on our plug. I draws so many amps and without an EMS on his plug or in his breaker box, he will probably burn it to the ground someday.
Darwin's List is always looking for new members.