Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #1

1999 Coachmen Leprechaun Class C Motor Home – Anyone Else??

Does anyone have this model or something similar? I am new to RV'ing and would love any helpful thoughts, modification suggestions, ideas, on line manuals, etc.

Dos and don’ts, ideas of storage, arrangement of stuff in the RV, anything anyone would like to share.

Thanks. Looking forward to some nice chatting.
1998 Coachmen Leprechaun 31Q

Tonk Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonk Mom View Post
Does anyone have this model or something similar? I am new to RV'ing and would love any helpful thoughts, modification suggestions, ideas, on line manuals, etc.

Dos and don’ts, ideas of storage, arrangement of stuff in the RV, anything anyone would like to share.

Thanks. Looking forward to some nice chatting.
Congrats!

Looks like a nice rig, (yours in the picture?)

We have a different model but a lot of the ideas in the threads here will still apply, some won't. If you read through the threads you should find all kinds of information.

Many people, after getting a new coach, (new or new to you) camp for several weekends at a spot near home to test everything out, figure out how things work, what you need to take and what you don't.... its a journey of discovery, especially if you are new to camping as well as the motorhome. Better this is done close to home for a few weekends than on the road far from home. You are bound to have some problems, just expect it and then if it doesn't happen you're that much farther ahead.

Enjoy and don't be afraid to report issues, ask any questions, suggest any ideas you have. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here, glad to help in any way they can.

Welcome to the forum!

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #3

Yes, that is mine in the photo.

That is a great idea and what I had wanted to do. I've owned this for a year and have only used it overnight one time a mile from home. It was purchased for us to use to go back home to LA and live in until we find a place to live. I can't get my husband to go on some trial runs before the big trip so I am trying to prepare through osmosis.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:46 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonk Mom View Post
Yes, that is mine in the photo.

I can't get my husband to go on some trial runs before the big trip so I am trying to prepare through osmosis.

Maybe having that new satellite now will help! Promises of watching sports, Westerns, etc, LOL!

Very nice rig, by the way!!
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #5

Haha. I have been putting all the comforts of home in it hoping that would happen. I figuered if I am going to have to live in it for six or more months, it needs to be darn comfy.

It's an old rig, but we love it. It was very clean with low mileage and it's paid for, so what's not to like?

Old 04-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #6

Tonk Mom,
Have you verified the actual age of the tires on the RV? Age is important even if you have plenty of tread. There are many tech blogs that explain about tire age and possible problems.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nshort View Post
Tonk Mom,
Have you verified the actual age of the tires on the RV? Age is important even if you have plenty of tread. There are many tech blogs that explain about tire age and possible problems.
I agree, wholeheartedly.

Don't be fooled by good tread, sidewalls fail on old tires and you don't want a blowout in a motorhome.

The date is stamped on the tire sidewall. It typically looks something like this: 34-00 (34th week of 2000) or 12-06 (12th week of 2006). To be sure, look your tires up on line via the manufacturer and call them if you have any questions.

They are suspect at 5 years and over 6-7 years I would replace them all without question regardless of how "new" they looked.

An air conditioner or refrig that fails is a nuisance; a tire that fails can be deadly.

That's how I view it anyway.

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote