Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2019, 08:56 AM   #1

2013 Leprechaun Fresh Water Tank Questions

Have had a 2013 Leprechaun Class C for two years and am still not comfortable with filing and drain the tank. My Leprechaun has a four value assembly under the shower. Made note of the up/down arrangement when I bought the unit in January so I know what is proper for winterizing. My first question is that when filing the tank the top of the tank bulges up quite a bit. Have relieved the pressure by pressing the pin at the outside fill value. Is this normal? Secondly, it seems to take an hour to drain the tank and the reverse seems to be true as the top sinks and needs air to allow the water to drain quickly. Is this normal? As usual, do not have any documentation on the value assembly. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Ron Franks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:44 AM   #2

If you can post a picture of your valve assembly, that would help a lot for members to provide feedback.
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:29 AM   #3

Fresh Water Tank Issue

Sorry, picture is attached. When picked up from dealer valve #1 and #3 were up. This was in January so used this setting when I winterize.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190321_060521395.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	199279  
Old 03-21-2019, 01:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Franks View Post
Have had a 2013 Leprechaun Class C for two years and am still not comfortable with filing and drain the tank. My Leprechaun has a four value assembly under the shower. Made note of the up/down arrangement when I bought the unit in January so I know what is proper for winterizing. My first question is that when filing the tank the top of the tank bulges up quite a bit. Have relieved the pressure by pressing the pin at the outside fill value. Is this normal? Secondly, it seems to take an hour to drain the tank and the reverse seems to be true as the top sinks and needs air to allow the water to drain quickly. Is this normal? As usual, do not have any documentation on the value assembly. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
First off, your holding tank should be vented to ambient via a vent tube typically exiting out the bottom of the unit. Secondly, there should not be a valve associated with this vent. The vent tube is also used to know when the tank is full as water will come out it when full. This input is for a unit that does not use a gravity fill for the holding tank, which yours sounds like it is. Check for a tube exiting under the unit that does not have a shutoff valve on it and make sure it's not clogged. If your unit has a gravity fill holding tank this is a moot input.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:41 PM   #5

Fresh water tank fill

Thanks, will check it out tomorrow.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:37 AM   #6

Fresh Water Tank Issue

Found the drain line and the problem. Muddaubers! Both lines clogged. Thanks so much for your suggestion.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:48 AM   #7

That is exactly why I installed check valves to the vents of the fresh water tank. When new the MH came with the vents open to the environment and bugs. To me, it was strange that the drains in the bottom of the trays in the storage compartments had rubber, duck bill style, check valves on them and the vents for the fresh water tank where wide open.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 02:26 PM   #8

Thanks for the advice. Experience is such a good teacher.

Tags
2013, fresh water, tank, water, water tank