Old 10-26-2019, 03:14 PM   #1

2014 coachmen mirada 29ds

Hi everyone, new to forum here trying to solve a slide out problem, a month ago we purchased a 2014 coachmen mirada 29ds, it was in a fair shape with no major issues until today. We were wrapping up our clean up and pulling the slides in in preparation for storage. A CLANK sound came from left side while I was pulling in the big kitchen slide, I stopped pushing the button immediately and then tried to push it out, another clank sound happened from the right side. After that I would push the slide button , the motor will work but no movement what so ever. I looked under the rubber from outside and asked my wife to push the slide button , I can feel the motor running and see a long shaft spinning, the gear on the 2 tracks system is not moving though. So my question is what kind of slide system I have and is there any shear pins/bolts that may snap. Many thanks

Hkhadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 09:45 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkhadra View Post
Hi everyone, new to forum here trying to solve a slide out problem, a month ago we purchased a 2014 coachmen mirada 29ds, it was in a fair shape with no major issues until today. We were wrapping up our clean up and pulling the slides in in preparation for storage. A CLANK sound came from left side while I was pulling in the big kitchen slide, I stopped pushing the button immediately and then tried to push it out, another clank sound happened from the right side. After that I would push the slide button , the motor will work but no movement what so ever. I looked under the rubber from outside and asked my wife to push the slide button , I can feel the motor running and see a long shaft spinning, the gear on the 2 tracks system is not moving though. So my question is what kind of slide system I have and is there any shear pins/bolts that may snap. Many thanks

They use the Swinteck slide system you should see to rails attached to the outside wall. I know they had a problem with your unit and that system. Sounds like one of the motors isnít working, if you check you tube they have some videos on it or google LCI they have a number of them. Did you check the controller for a code? That is located normally in a locker below the slide. That code will tell you what to look for, when I was at the factory in August, they had a line up of your unit for a slide problem, I know you donít want to hear that for sure, the system is a piece of junk IMO. Make sure you check the code, then look at a video. Your going to have to reset your motors for sure now. If you donít know may I offer you this piece of advice. Never stop it when going in or out, then count to 5 before you release the switch, that will keep the motors in sync

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:49 PM   #3

But my slide tracks are beneath the slide. My understanding that the system you refer to has tracks on the side of the slide, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
They use the Swinteck slide system you should see to rails attached to the outside wall. I know they had a problem with your unit and that system. Sounds like one of the motors isnít working, if you check you tube they have some videos on it or google LCI they have a number of them. Did you check the controller for a code? That is located normally in a locker below the slide. That code will tell you what to look for, when I was at the factory in August, they had a line up of your unit for a slide problem, I know you donít want to hear that for sure, the system is a piece of junk IMO. Make sure you check the code, then look at a video. Your going to have to reset your motors for sure now. If you donít know may I offer you this piece of advice. Never stop it when going in or out, then count to 5 before you release the switch, that will keep the motors in sync
Old 10-28-2019, 09:14 PM   #4

OP is correct. He does not have Swinteck slides. I have a 2013 Mirada 29DS and I don't think it would be any different. It uses a rack and pinion(?) system. I would guess that a pin sheared off on the motor shaft. I have not had any reason to look mine so I'm only guessing.
Sorry
jk510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 03:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk510 View Post
OP is correct. He does not have Swinteck slides. I have a 2013 Mirada 29DS and I don't think it would be any different. It uses a rack and pinion(?) system. I would guess that a pin sheared off on the motor shaft. I have not had any reason to look mine so I'm only guessing.
Sorry
I got in touch with coachmen, LCI, and happijac. This is what I found, the big slide is happijack (acquired by LCI), the bedroom slide is LCI. They confirmed it is a shear pin but it seems difficult to reach. a tech is coming out tomorrow to take a look at it.

Happijac were helpful and sent me the following documents
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ROLL PIN REPLACEMENT (1).pdf (3.62 MB, 11 views)
File Type: pdf slidedriveshafts (2).pdf (1.49 MB, 9 views)

Tags
2014, coachmen