Old 07-07-2019, 07:55 PM   #1

2016 BH33 Water Heater Bypass Valves?

I have a 2016 Coachmen Pursuit BH33 and I can't find the water heater bypass valves.

The water heater itself is located near the back, and our master bedroom bed is pretty much right on top of where it is. Near the headboard.

I have looked in all the cabinets in the bathroom and kitchen with no luck. The bed itself I'd have to take out screws to look under the boards if that's where it's at?

Anyone have this model and happen to know for sure?

I had some warranty work done on it during the winter and they must've winterized it and bypassed the HW heater but I have no idea where the valves are to get water flowing back into the HW tank. I took the drain plug out and it's bone dry.

XLjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:03 PM   #2

The valves are under the bed and yes you have to remove some screws from the plywood cover. I have done it. Not convenient but doable.

Blue OX
cberlanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:11 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cberlanga View Post
The valves are under the bed and yes you have to remove some screws from the plywood cover. I have done it. Not convenient but doable.
Yes! I did manage to locate it thanks. I even reached out to the Coachmen customer support team and they didn't know. I had to send them pictures so maybe next time they have an idea.

Good news was that the access area is toward the headboard, so I didn't have to take out all the screws for the entire top of the bed. Just the part near the headboard.

In the process of doing this however, I noticed a very poor quality build design in the bedframe. And I went ahead and fixed that while I was in there. This is the main weight-bearing crossbeam. It was held in place by nothing more than those staples shot in from the top! ...of course, the staples gave way and the plywood was bowing and resting on the top of my water tank where the PVC and elbow connectors are attached. So my weight was basically being supported by my freshwater tank PVC piping and connectors!

Really surprised it was assembled this poorly! I fixed it by installing just 2 additional 15" 2x2 wood frame pieces and then I screwed the weight-bearing crossbeam into those. I mean what did Coachman/FR really save here in construction costs, we're talking like 6 screws and a couple more frame pieces. I think this fix cost me less than $5 total, and anyone with this model that doesn't do the same will likely bust their fresh water PVC connections if they ever decide to actually lay on their master bed!
XLjedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bypass, heater, valve, water, water heater