Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2016, 11:40 AM   #1

2016 sportscoach crosscountry 404rb

Just took delivery of my 2016 coachman sportscoach crosscountry 404 rb- looking for other owners. I would like to know if anyone has made a detailed check list of things you need to do from the time you get to your RV storage before you enter coach, before you start coach, starting coach, leaving, while traveling, entering camp site, parking , hooking up etc etc. I used to have my own plane and never got in trouble because I had a detailed check list-thanks
msbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:04 PM   #2

We are looking at the 404rb. How do you like yours so far?
ddodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:56 PM   #3

We picked up ours 2 weeks ago. We love it but have found a couple of small items that need to be fixed.
Just took it out last weekend for a short trip. We love the way it handles. 10.5 mpg at 70 mph!
Start it up and let voltages and air pressure to come on line before doing anything with the jacks.
farmenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:58 AM   #4

We have a 2014 404RB that we have had for about 6 weeks. Not sure how much of a difference there is.

Does the 2016 have the 340 Cummins?
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:46 AM   #5

Ours has the 340 also. But I have see. Some out there that were ordered with the 360 and the 380.
We looked at a 2014. Basically the same but the one we looked at did not have the same options.
MHSRV now has 2017. Looks the same but different exterior colors.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:20 PM   #6

I found this on the Frieght liner page. A good start.

Routine Maintenance
It’s very important that you have your Freightliner motorhome chassis serviced at key points in its life cycle. Routine maintenance work is performed at the FCCC Factory Service Center or at any Freightliner dealership. Please visit our website (www.freightlinerchassis.com) for more information on maintenance needs and timing as well as the address, phone number, and directions to the factory Service and Training Center. You can also find local dealership information for Canada and U.S. on our web*site (www.freightlinerchassis.com).
Radiator and Charge Air Cooler Maintenance
On chassis equipped with a rear radiator, it is very important that the radiator and charge air cooler be inspected at regular intervals. Cummins® recommends inspecting the charge air cooler every 7,500 miles. This is because air and dust blown through the radiator and charge air cooler can build up and reduce the airflow through the cooling system. This is considered part of normal maintenance.

From the engine side of the radiator, use a flashlight to look into the fan shroud at the face of the charge air cooler. If there is any dirt buildup, this should be cleaned using a water hose and a mild solvent. If this is not done, the system can become clogged and can result in engine overheating.
Engine Compartment Maintenance
When camping in remote areas, check the engine compartment for small animals that may have taken refuge for the night before starting your engine. They like the warmth of the engine compartment but will make a real mess if you start the engine while they are nestled in the fan shroud.

Date placed in storage
Mileage on vehicle

Preparation for Storage Check List
When storing your motorhome for an extended period of time (60 days or more), the following steps should be taken to give it maximum protection.
Fill fuel tank and add a high-quality fuel stabilizer to the fuel (never store with a partially full tank of fuel).
Change the engine oil and filter (used oil does not give adequate protection).
Cooling system was originally protected with antifreeze to -34 degrees F. If colder temperatures are expected, adjust the mixture. If coolant has been in the vehicle for five years or 100,000 miles, flush the cooling system and fill with an appropriate mixture of antifreeze and softened water, and be sure that the coolant contains a rust inhibitor.
If it has been more than 18 months or 24,000 miles since the transmission has been serviced, change the fluid and filter.
Service the fuel filters.
Run the engine until fully warmed up.
Operate the air conditioning.
If possible, store the vehicle in a dry, well-ventilated area, protected from sunlight.
Check tires for damage and set tire pressure to maximum as indicated on the sidewall of the tire. Clean the tires using the normal, mild soap that you would use to clean your RV.
If possible, raise the vehicle onto safety stands. Do not store the vehicle on the hydraulic leveling jacks. Hydraulic jacks will “bleed” pressure over time, lowering the coach back onto the tires.
Cover tires to protect from heat and sunlight.
If possible, release the parking brake.
Remove and clean the battery. Always disconnect the negative (-) cable first. Store the battery in a cool, dry place and keep it charged.
Lubricate all grease fittings on the chassis and drivetrain.
Cover all engine and transmission openings with moisture-resistant tape.
When removing your motorhome from storage, follow these steps.
Remove covers from tires and thoroughly inspect the tires for damage. Inflate them to the correct pressure for the actual weight on the tires. Consult the Michelin® Tire Guide for correct tire pressure. Weigh your coach if you don’t know the coach weight.
Check for fluid leaks. Repair as necessary.
Check engine oil level. Add oil if needed.
Check coolant level in reservoir and radiator (do not open radiator cap on hot engine).
Check hydraulic fluid level in reservoir. Add fluid if needed.
Check engine belts for wear, damage, or cracking.
Check engine fan for damage.
Check fuel/water separator. If empty, prime fuel system per instructions in your operator’s manual.
Check engine compartment for nesting animals. Check for leaks and damage to hoses and wiring.
Check rear-axle lubricant level.
Lubricate chassis and drivetrain.
Check the charge level of the battery. Clean ends of battery cables. If batteries need to be removed or replaced, install a clean and fully charged battery. Always connect the positive (+) cable first and then the negative (-) cable. Coat the battery terminals and connectors with a protective sealant.
Turn the ignition to the RUN position. Verify that the fuel gauge and voltmeter are operating properly.
If stored on safety stands, lower vehicle at this time and set the parking brake.
Run engine until warm. Re-check for fluid leaks.
Check transmission fluid level using the Cold Check method in your Allison® transmission operator’s manual. Add fluid if necessary.
Check all exterior lights, and replace as necessary.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:50 AM   #7

2013 sportscoach bunkhouse

We have a 2013 bunkhouse. Have had a few problems but nothing major. Just had to have the inverter board sent back to factory for computer upgrade. Also am not crazy about tankless hot water heater. Have never been able to get continuous water temperature for entire shower.
QueenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbaker View Post
Just took delivery of my 2016 coachman sportscoach crosscountry 404 rb- looking for other owners. I would like to know if anyone has made a detailed check list of things you need to do from the time you get to your RV storage before you enter coach, before you start coach, starting coach, leaving, while traveling, entering camp site, parking , hooking up etc etc. I used to have my own plane and never got in trouble because I had a detailed check list-thanks
4/4-I have not taken mine out yet-still buying all the goodies that everyone says I need new model does have the 340hp-with the drop down salon bunks . going out later this month for test holiday. I plan on using mine s decent amount this year but retire at end of year so 2017 will be my year.Thank u for your check list
Old 05-28-2016, 11:39 AM   #9

How to get the steps up after shutting down/parking/storing Sports Coach 406QS

Just purchased this 2013 Sports Coach 406QS... Took 3 hour class on all systems, but can't understand how to get the steps to retract when parking/storing the coach. What am I missing?
palmcoast406qs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 12:49 PM   #10

I love mine. No problems. Once I fully retire end of year we plan on being in it 5 months a year.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:18 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmcoast406qs View Post
Just purchased this 2013 Sports Coach 406QS... Took 3 hour class on all systems, but can't understand how to get the steps to retract when parking/storing the coach. What am I missing?
Your coach may be different, but in my 404RB there is a switch inside the door on the left. I believe it is labeled 'step'. That is the switch that keeps the step from going in and out when parked. Toggle that switch to see if your step goes in.
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 04:37 PM   #12

I agree, that's what I do also
Old 05-30-2016, 10:09 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmcoast406qs View Post
We have a switch on the inside control panel next to the door that says electric step that controls whether it stays out or goes in and out when you open & close door
QueenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:11 PM   #14

We have a 2016 sports coach cross country 407bh. We are trying to find the water valve to the refrigerator so that the ice maker and water feature will work. Do you know where that valve is located?
ChereF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 01:14 PM   #15

Does yours have a residential refrigerator? Mine does and I leave the invertor on and everything works
Old 06-02-2016, 01:39 PM   #16

water valve

yes we have a residential fridge and we have only used the generator not the invertor. We are thinking the water valve must be off. The service department who did the walk through with us on day of delivery only opened a cabinet and said the valve should be here. We never actually looked at it.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:27 PM   #17

We found the valve. It is behind a panel under the sink. You have to remove the drawer from under the stove and a small child would have to reach in to turn it on. It is not in a easy location at all!
Old 06-02-2016, 09:55 PM   #18

Is anything ever easy!������
Old 06-12-2016, 02:17 PM   #19

Hey everyone!
We have 2013 Coachmen Pathfinder 404RB that we bought used in 2015. We really like the coach & have had some issues that Coachmen has taken care of.

I have a question that maybe someone can answer ...

We have the residential refrigerator that's on the big slide on the drivers side. Underneath the slide there's a water line that is attached to a rubber-like apparatus that hangs outside. Upon retracting the slide hubby has to hold it up with something so it doesn't get caught in the slide & get kinked. We've not found a solution to this problem. Has anyone had this problem & if so what was your fix? (Provide pictures if possible)

Looking forward to a solution for this issue!! Thanks!!!
DorisStanKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:17 PM   #20

Sorry, not had that problem

Tags
sport