Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2020, 08:41 AM   #1

2017 Coachmen Pursuit headlights do not work well

Good morning all,

Me and my wife just bought a beautiful 2017 Coachman Pursuit it's in great shape. We had to drive it overnight to get back to our home state. The lights are simply inadequate.

I was able to pull a label off the lights with the stock number GM450-B1WHA. These appear to be Silverado lights 2007-2013

The only thing me and my light guy are unsure about is does the wiring harness match. If it does great were just going to get some good aftermarket setups to put in.

Can anyone on here tell me if the harness is a match for these GM lights?
CMPursuit2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:25 PM   #2

We have a 2017 coachman pursuit 31sb and also thought the headlights were not adequate. We replaced the bulbs with Sylvania silver star bulbs and it made a big difference. Not perfect, but a big improvement. I cans at least see the road now. The high beams seem to be too high and are totally worthless and the low beams seem too low. I would like to wire them so they both come on when you hit the high beams.
DaveandChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:40 PM   #3

headlights,,,,

I had a 2002 Flair, it`s headlights were 1996 F-150, they were unsafe, discovered they were really cheap reproductions. Bought new headlight assemblies from a reputable replacement manufacturing company and put better halogen bulbs in (pre-led and HID days.) Worked great.

You may be able to find better assemblies, such as projector types, on Ebay or Amazon. I prefer HID to LED.
Swill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:06 PM   #4

Led replacement

If you have 9006 bulbs these are good led replacements

https://m.banggood.com/NightEye-S2-C...ds=orderdetail

They also make these for other bulb #s. I have used this brand now on a 2013 chevy Malibu, a chevy Impala, and my 2003 Avalanche. A couple of my friends have now. Ordered them as well.
nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 05:40 AM   #5

Headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPursuit2020 View Post
Good morning all,

Me and my wife just bought a beautiful 2017 Coachman Pursuit it's in great shape. We had to drive it overnight to get back to our home state. The lights are simply inadequate.

I was able to pull a label off the lights with the stock number GM450-B1WHA. These appear to be Silverado lights 2007-2013

The only thing me and my light guy are unsure about is does the wiring harness match. If it does great were just going to get some good aftermarket setups to put in.

Can anyone on here tell me if the harness is a match for these GM lights?
You can absolutely replace the headlight assemblies with an Amazon product I purchased for left and right headlight assemblies (Eagle Eyes GM436-B001R Chevrolet Passenger Side Head Lamp)!
I have the 2017 30FW Pursuit and they are direct replacements. The new harness hooks up directly. There is a separate wire for the halo lights on the old assemblies you won't need on the new ones. Just cut and tape ends. Hope this helps.
Bytesponge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light